Remenissing with my wifes uncle-custom story

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

My father-in-law passed away last week at our home and his brother was over to visit and was looking over my old Valiant. He got to talking about a 49 Ford he bought when he was in high school from a guy his dad worked with and then was sold while he was at war. When he was saying how he took all the chrome off and filled all the holes and lowered the back because thats what they did back then, I mustve looked like a little kid listening to Santa or something. I mean to hear somebody that did stuff to cars "back in the day" that we try to emulate now just gets me.

Sorry for your loss. Some of the old timers who have gotten away from cars are surprised that there is a renewed interest in the stuff they did back then. Every once in a while someone will walk up to my hot rod and start telling me about the ones they had in the past. Sometimes they end up being a person who ran at Bonneville or knew Barris, or stuff like that. Those are the guys who are fun to pick the brains of.

Don

Latest posts

Back