Removing PTO

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RATAMUGROSA

Hello there I need some help just picked up a 52 Chevy 1.5 ton truck that the front end was completely rebuild, so I intend to keep as is for now, the only thing I want to remove or disconnect is the PTO on the trans. I do have a SM465 heavy duty trans, that I can swap out for if need to.

Thank you Jose

I'm not sure what your asking?

Are you asking how to remove the pto? If so just unbolt it from the trans and make a cover for the hole and refill trans with fluid if need be.

Hi RATA, I agree with Willys. You don't have to be too careful taking a PTO off, but there's a little more to it if you're putting one on. If you could find another old transmission you could rob the factory plate off of it. I think there are only a few different bolt patterns on the PTO plates, six hole and eight hole for big trucks.

There's a few more patterns then that. Most of them are the standard 6 hole tho. I've ran into a couple different sets of 6 bolt patterns also.

Latest posts

Back