Removing wheels ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck U&R

I wasn't sure where to ask this ...so here it is.
I picked up a Firebird for cheap.
It has AL wheels that look like spokes and I figure they might be worth selling.
Problem is they're locked on.
Any help on how to get them off without breaking them ?

I went to auto parts store and got a set of sockets with reverse threads inside and used a impact on it , It worked great and only cost less than 20 bucks , Dogman

I have had good luck taking all the other nuts off first, then vise grips, a hammer and chisel, etc. Sometimes they are not as tight as the others.

Ok... don't kill me!

Ok... don't kill me... but I had a truck with 22's on it. I lost the "key" & the guy @ the tire store hammered a deep socket on it & boom... off it came!

Once I become a "Rat Rod God"... I put them back on a rat rod! Anyone know what I'm talkin' about?!?! :eek::D:eek::D:eek:

BoB

Been there a couple times. I've done the welding a lug nut trick and I've also used a deepwell impact socket and hammered it on. Then you can remove it with a socket driver.

Thanx guys !

After reading all the suggestions and looking at the wheels again I'm sure one of the options will work.
Now it's just a matter of getting my tired azz out to the shop.

Latest posts

Back