Reversed Flaming river rack!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuCkYLaDD

:mad: Ok, so I fabbed up a frame and various brackets for a manual rack n pinion steering in my 67 stang, I finish a bracket for the bottom of the steering shaft so I can actually turn the wheels for once and the rack turns the opposite way its supposed to! :eek::confused: The rack is the quick ratio 79-93 mustang 2 steering rack, but its like the inernal components are backwards. Im pretty sure that it wasnt designed for a right hand driver cause then the input shaft wouldnt point the right way to hook up to anything. Im hping that I can get away with disassembling it and flipping the internals around (cross my fingers)

i'd say bob w and racer have it pegged, if the rack is supposed to be mounted in front of the spindles/axle, and it was mounted behind the spindle/axle, then the thing would be sending your wheels in the wrong direction....:eek: and i'm almost certain that the 79-93 mustang rack is in front on those cars....so the ? is -did you mount it in front or behind the spindles/axle

btw the mustang 2 rack is different than the 79-93 mustang rack....

....Yea...:D I totally mounted it behind. I did a bit of searching around and the current rack I have is for front steer spindles. BUT! Ive ordered the correct rack (rear steer) so it'll be fixed next week, YAY!! And I can still use the rack on one of my other builds

Latest posts

Back