right hand drive?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripgut775

whats up guys has anyone done a right hand drive build i got a 46 ford pickup f100 and im thinking about doing a right hand drive set up on it? if anyone has any pics that would be great!:D i was thinking i could flip my front axel around and run the sterring box all on the other side :confused:

Please do not do a right hand drive, PLEASE!!!!!

Unless you live in a part of the world where they are common a right hand drive is, IMHO dumb.

Also, you cannot flip your axle around as it will change your alignment.

on the cover of rat rod magazine issue 8 is a right hand drive rat. i don't have that issue to tell you more, but guessing there is a write up.

Please do not do a right hand drive, PLEASE!!!!!

What he said. Besides being dangerous, there have been several right handers for sale recently with no takers. You might want to file this under the category of things that can be done but really shouldn't be. Save yourself a LOT of grief & $! Of course, just .02 from a old cat.

Beercan

I had a 1968 Mustang years ago that came back from England. It was right hand drive and a real pain in the butt to drive. Shifter was on the wrong side and judging car in the other lane was not easy.

I agree with the guys ^^^^^.

If you take the entire front end and flip it, you reverse all the geometry. AND, it'll turn right instead of left. :eek:

Sometimes cool and different are overrated. You could be a cool Halloween pirate if you cut off a leg and poked out an eye, but I don't recommend it. :D :D

thank all of you guys for the input. you guys are right. it would be a pain. i was just wondering about it and how it would be and what it would look like :D im not gonna go that route for sure:cool:

2 years of driving my RHD 33 ford pickup and I have had NO issues and NO drivability problems...... Guess some people havent done it right, oh and having a few factory RHD VWs might have helped......... I can even bang gears with it left handed.

Jim

I just see no good reason to do it, aside from maybe a conversation piece. Anyone who has driven a foreign sports car over here knows how much better left hand steering is on American roads. I could never get used to it and had a hard time shifting. There is also that resale thing, as mentioned, they just don't sell.

Don

Mine RHD, and yes I did it just because I could. No issue in driveability for me, and I live in California with all the other crazy drivers!

Attachments

• trk #1 (3).jpg
    trk #1 (3).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 13
  • dash 010.jpg
    dash 010.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 13
Sometimes cool and different are overrated. You could be a cool Halloween pirate if you cut off a leg and poked out an eye, but I don't recommend it. :D :D

I kind of think the 'poked out eye and cut off leg' logic brought him around.:D Geez, I laughed when I read that, good one Dr.C[cl

Dad has one of those daihatsu hijet trucks,Its a 5 spd man, right hand drive.I would say go drive something with a RH drive before you put that much work into a project.Ive driven it and I guess a guy could get used to (Dad did) but I dont care for it.

I have a right hand Postal Jeep. It is fun as he_ _ to drive, especially on the freeway. However the front windshield molding was never designed for high speed. Unfortunately I found out the hard way when the windshield blew out in my face at 70mph. I'm keeping the right hand steering and converting it to a military style vehicle.

I'd say if your building it to sell overseas where 2-3 of their money = one of ours.... go for it

If you just want to be different put the steering wheel in the middle....
...For fat guys
...and skinny guys with 2 girlfriends
... or for people who are afraid to sit by the window but want to get out once in a while [P

Or put 2 steering wheels in on both sides so you can argue with the wife in peace and quiet

Latest posts

Back