Rod Or Custom ????????????????????????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaa.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 77
I dont care i like it !If it had quad headlights moulded into the grill it would be bitchin . Definitly a mind blowing amount of work went into it .
I 'll bet if it was rusted up you guys would like it then ?
I could just amagine finding something like that out behind some old barn up in a deserted hauller on flats and rusted up with that big himie !!!!!!!
I would like to know more on the history of that car?

This car just goes to prove that not ALL cars from "back in the day" were cool. When I go through some of my old hot rod and custom car magazines, there were some real abortions done back then. Some of the parts grafted from one make to another just in the name of customizing didn't work at all.

Don

a600.jpg

a700.jpg

a800.jpg

a900.jpg

Don, i just can't imagine a guy having pics like those layin around-what will people think when they see this?!;):D

seriously though, the styling was way off on those last few shots! the first car in this thread has some potential though....after all it has a hemi, and even though i don't remember the 60's there were SOME cool customs from that era....

I've always thought Hot Rods were purpose built - to go fast. The real beauty of a true Hot Rod comes from it's raw form through function. Customs were built to look at. These all lean toward the Custom side.

This car just goes to prove that not ALL cars from "back in the day" were cool. When I go through some of my old hot rod and custom car magazines, there were some real abortions done back then. Some of the parts grafted from one make to another just in the name of customizing didn't work at all.

Well said, but not just back then. The same could be said for today! Haha. The useless/awkward styling cues on a lot of these vehicles have a lot in common with the gee-gaw junk hanging on "rat rods" nowadays. It just goes to show that a little restraint when building a car goes a long way - be it a hot rod, custom, or anything else for that matter...

Allot of the backyard builders were trying to emulate the styles of the So Cal customs during that era, remember when the Ala Kart first came out, with its non traditional radiator grille shell with the quad headlites. Shocked everybody, some liked it , some thought it looked like crap.
this car is cool in the fact that it has survived all these years..

Warning don't try this at home.

Latest posts

Back