roll fenders or not?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmontanez

Hello All,

I am contemplating rolling my fenders...

I have a set of 255R/60 on a 15x8" wheel with a 4.25BS that i want to put on my 64 chevelle. The rear has disc brakes.

they rub on the fender lip and would clear if I rolled the lip, or i can go with new smaller tires?

what would be a good tire size that would clear or should I go for the roll and keep the meaty tires?!!!???

thanks

I rolled the lips on my Maverick just for safety's sake. Didn't want to chance tearing the sidewall outta a new tire. If ypu decide to roll them, take a razor knife and score a line just inside the lip first. That helps keep from chipping the paint on the fender. Some say a baseball bat works good to roll lips, I just used a body hammer, bending them a small section at a time.

I put 305/35/18's on a 18X10 5" BS wheels on the back of my 69. I put a big chunk of 3/4" plate on the inside of the wheel well and used a portapower to push the quarter out a little. Be VERY carefull not to go to far and wrinkle it! I have people come up, look at the tire size, then tell me I can't fit that under there because they tried on their car! [S I ask is it under there? is it hitting? then yes I can fit it!

Go with Bamamav then do what jfg455 said.
The 65's don't have as much tire clearance as most other cars do.

Latest posts

Back