ruger blackhawk .30 carbine. 1973 3 screw

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
check out this i got today,,, 1973 ruger 30 carbine blackhawk single action!,,, only 3803 made in 1973,,, only made this model for 5 years, 68-73,,, cool pistol

Attachments

• IMG0050A.jpg
    IMG0050A.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG0048A.jpg
    IMG0048A.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG0047A.jpg
    IMG0047A.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 17
Wear ear plugs! Those things are loud. Also, if you're going to shoot it very much, you should hone the cylinders with a cleaning patch chucked into an electric drill and soaked in some kind of polishing compound...it makes ejecting the spend shells easier. Good find, those are getting rare. :)

had a guy just leave my house, trying his best to trade me out of it,,, i told him my price was firm, he said hed be back, aint had it a day and people already trying to get it! lol

I shot one of those when they first came out. We were emptying some 30 carbine rounds so he could reload the brass. It made the coolest flame cone with that rifle powder!! Just like in the old west comics.
Nice score, I haven't seen one in decades.

Wow... nice shootin' iron Rev!!! The old Tripper loves him some kool pistols & rifles & don't forget a shotgun or two! [ddd:D[ddd

BoB

Had one for 26 years just like it and absolutely loved it.
I reloaded all my rounds with pistol powder, after finding out the rifle rounds were loud and slow in it.
I finally gave it to my son in-law for Christmas last year after 15 years of him hounding me for it [ddev man was he beside himself :D

Jim

Had one for 26 years just like it and absolutely loved it.
I reloaded all my rounds with pistol powder, after finding out the rifle rounds were loud and slow in it.
I finally gave it to my son in-law for Christmas last year after 15 years of him hounding me for it [ddev man was he beside himself :D

Jim

Got any other daughters that aren't hitched?

Ammo prices has gotten ridiculous. I used to shoot surplus ammo in mine but the cylinders were barely rough and after several rounds it got hard to eject the spent cases. I honed it out barely and fixed it. Maybe yours has already been honed or maybe the Remingtons are better than that old stuff I was shooting.

Latest posts

Back