Rusty Ol Rifle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised they didn't find bones next to it..

What cowboy would leave his rifle just sitting around...unless he was dead...[S

Heard this on the news today. I felt a little sad that it was "found". It's shame they could not just have taken a pic and let it R.I.P. in memory of some long forgotten Cowboy.

It would have been interesting to see the "letter" from Cody. They can tell exactly how it left the factory and where it was originally shipped to.
Lots of those old relic guns show up around here. Lost by cowboys on cattle drives, Indians, soldiers..... I know several people who have found them.

I bet some poor cowboy got off his horse to take a P got back on his horse
rode off not realizing where he left it ......hope he didn't run into any
indians..... cool find......

I saw this story earlier... And thought it was awesome... But then again much like you guys I like old rusty stuff

What I dont understand though is if the rifle had been sitting there for lets just say 40 years why didnt the tree grow around it like we have all seen them do through bumpers on cars?? Sweet rifle no doubt, but it smells of fish to me....

My guess on that...

What I dont understand though is if the rifle had been sitting there for lets just say 40 years why didnt the tree grow around it like we have all seen them do through bumpers on cars?? Sweet rifle no doubt, but it smells of fish to me....

light enough that the growth would push it away...not surround it....but again...what the heck do I know???? [S

Latest posts

Back