S-10 rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
move the front wheels forward about18 inches and shorten the bed about a foot (in front of the rear wheels) and it would be ok....Sorry it just bugs me when the front wheels are back in the fender opening as much as this one...again just one mans opinion

something just doesn't look right... I think you nailed it with "proportion". It also looks like the interior of a 70s conversion van was stripped and installed in it. Not diggin' the untooled planks of stained wood. (won't admit that I thought those vans were sooooo cool back in the day :rolleyes: )
But, that's just me.

I try to see the positives in all cars, i looked long and hard for this one's and found one. I bet it gets good gas mileage!

Yep, some people have no sense of proportion. He could take a real lesson from the builders of these fine cars...............:rolleyes::D

Don

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 21
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 25
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 22
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 23
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 22
These are good reasons to take a step back, crack a cold one(or have a cup of coffee if too many cold ones are already involved), and look closely at what you are doing. The S10 rod looks like someone was trying to un-COE something.

i have a bunch of S10 blazers and 1 truck i plan on cutting up to make something out of, or better yet just use the running gear and get a older body to make something, parts are a dime a dozen for these type trucks, thats the only plus side i see to putting them to use

and this cars front windshield is just to much for me, reminds me of those extra large sunglasses people wear, just dont look right
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12019&d=1201655737

oh yeah, that body on the ebay truck needs to be moved back a few inches, bed shortened a bit as well, just dont look right up front

Ron

i have a bunch of S10 blazers and 1 truck i plan on cutting up to make something out of, or better yet just use the running gear and get a older body to make something,

Ron

This was sit down over a complete S-10 chassis. I had to make the floors to fit (but they were rusted anyway). I also had to modify the front frame horns (shorten them) and move the motor back some, but it's a complete S-10 chassis. Somehow I think I did a little better on the proportions compared to the Ebay one (but that's just me...and I did build it so I would thinkit's better :D)

Plyside.jpg

RodRon,
Not so good on the oldie recognition... can you tell me the make, model, and year of your big black S-10 rollin' rod? My Dad-in-law wants me to do up his late 30's Plymouth four door sedan... kinda looks like your picture:confused:
Thanks,
Rob

RodRon,
Not so good on the oldie recognition... can you tell me the make, model, and year of your big black S-10 rollin' rod? My Dad-in-law wants me to do up his late 30's Plymouth four door sedan... kinda looks like your picture:confused:
Thanks,
Rob

1939 Plymouth...P6 model. One of these days I'll scan the rest of the pics I have of this one (including a few build pics). This one was actually built and on the road driving in 22 working days. It was over a 3 month period, but again....it was 22 actual days of work (mostly weekends). IF you do help with your father in law and decide on the S-10 route I would be glad to lend any info help I can to make your build go more smoothly.

it's a '37

I have confirmation that it is a 37 four door. I looked up several pics on the net. I think the car has potential. Chopped, maybe section the hood, and lowered a bunch. I have two projects going right now but, Ithink I will have him drag the car out of the weeds and up to my place.

Latest posts

Back