School Project!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
truck looks good and as others have said, it could use a bit of a chop. nothing radical tho, less you wanted it. i wish i would have used my shop time wisely and started a frame instead of being a bum =]. keep it up.

Ive been slowly working on it still but havnt had anything thats worth a picture, untill now. I decided to hold out on the flathead and use it for a build later.:eek: im going to run a chevy 350 with a T350.:p I got the motor mounts done and the X in the frame and changed the front end a little. Also in the next couple of weeks im switching my whole rear suspension out. I got to low so i decided to run coil springs with a 4 link and weight jacks (like tiny1:D) I will be using a 12 bolt rearend.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 53
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 122
I really like that frame and your decision to run the 350. As was already said, I think a chop would make a huge difference in the overall appearance too. These later cabs are just a bit too tall (stock) for a truck that now sits that low. I'm gonna face the same thing with my 51 F-1. Good work so far! - keep us posted.

Thunder1

I just read this whole thread and I must say you have great vision and follow through. I'm just a little older than you so, it's nice to know that I have some peers in this hobby/profession. Keep up the awesome work and I look forward to seeing more progress.

Are you going to raise the truck up much when you rebuild the back?I liked the stance of the truck before you took it apart but I guess you might run into clearance problems being that low. I'm working on a 49 F1 and plan to bag the back so i can ride low if i want to.

Its a few inches taller now. It was 3 inches off the ground withought any weight. Now it should be around 4 inches with weight with a mean pitch. Ill update in a couple of days.

Here's what i have done for the rear so far. We ran into a problem with one of the 4 link rods we made. I want to get the rear done by monday so i can move back to the front. i still need to buy some rod ends for the panhard bar and weld the brackets. Then shock mounts and shocks. the other side of the 4 link will hopefully be done tommorow. Its going to be adjustable but i want to get it rolling so i can get other stuff done. next weekend im going to borrow a torch and get the wishbones bent and bolted on the frame hopefully :D. Then the tranny mount.

Attachments

• a1a1.jpg
    a1a1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 47
  • a1a2.jpg
    a1a2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 101
  • a1a3.jpg
    a1a3.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 77
  • a1a4.jpg
    a1a4.jpg