Score!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

Welp, brought home another one.

My wifes been wanting a jeep for a while now, something to offroad with. So last fall i brought home a '46 Willys cj2a, numbers matching, running and driving for $100. I get it home and she says "i like it, but its not an automatic. I wont drive it." I can make it an auto because its only a 80" wheelbase, i would have to stretch it. Thats a no no in my book.

So last weekend on one of my drives i came across a willys wagon. I had to stop and knock on the door(even though i hate doing that, for a number of reasons) A man came to the door, must be mid 70s, dressed in his bath robe. As he pushed the screen door open, his robe opens up also. Didn't need to see that! I asked him if he would consider selling the willys. He said yes. When i asked him how much he wanted, he said make an offer. (i hate that also) I did a once around, and offer'd him $200. "SOLD":D Then i thought "crap, i could've offered him $50 and he woulda been happy"

I had to wait a week for the ground to dry up a bit, cus this was sitting in his back yard. I went in today and got it, it pulled out of the ground with absolutly no problem at all. The wheels turned, it steered. I got it loaded on the trailer with absolutly no problems. I could not believe it! Nothing ever goes this good for me. The man told me i'de better go to church tonight, because things were going so well. We both thought it would be a hard task to pull that out of his yard.

After i got it all loaded up i take my wallet out to pay the man. Extend my arm with the $200, and he pushed it away. He said i was doing him a favor by taking it. This just keeps getting better and better!

Got it home, lifted the hood. It has the flathead six in it, the big super hurricane one. I grabbed the fan, turned it, and the crank spun right over. Unbelievable.

This being my wifes new project, i told her that she better start baking for the guy...

Big plans for this puppy

Attachments

• 100_1536.jpg
    100_1536.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_1537.jpg
    100_1537.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_1538.jpg
    100_1538.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 34
Did you get the snow plow with it? Maybe the wife could make a little money on the side.
Great score btw. I used to work on a few of those that had Chevy six banger engines transplanted. How do you plan to put an automatic in it?

the snow plow appears to be from the factory. Were keepin it to do the driveway.

This is going to get a chevy 283/turbo350 transplant. I've got most of the parts stockpiled allready.

man that does seem like a good place to start a wife-project!
sounds like you have a supply to work with, too-even better![cl[cl

willys wagon

Congrats on the awesome Willys wagon you just scored. I have been a proud owner of 1960 truck since 2007. These vehicles look great either down in the dirt or way up high in the sky. They seem to be not that popular with the mainstream crowd of Chevys and Fords. I have been very pleased with all the Willys people I have dealt with so far. There is a newer website up and running called: www.oldwillysforum.com
If you ever wanna sell the old cj2a let me know, I am in the market to purchase one and we arent that far apart. My daughter is moving to Rochester so i'll cruising by your area a lot more than I have in the past. Would love to stop and see your stuff someday..
Awesome score on the Willys wagon:) I hope the wife likes it as much as you do...now you got room for the family too..

Latest posts

Back