Score !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMan

I found a pair of NICE chrome headlight bezels and trim rings and also a complete chrome instrument cluster for my 62 F100 today. All for $50.

I`m still patting myself on the back. :D

I also found (and bought) a Ford 427 factory aluminum intake :p

I don`t need it, but got it cheap. ;)

Great trip to the boneyard !

If you don't need that factory FE intake

I absolutely do not need an FE intake. I bought it to resell. It`s a 1966 date code 427 "Sidewinder" intake. I found one on Ebay with a Buy It Now price of $849 :eek: and saw another one listed on a classic Ford website for $650.
I`m going to bead blast this and spray a couple coats of satin clear on it. I think it should sell quickly at $400 or so. SCORE ! :p

I wouldn't bead blast any aluminum, you ruin the original finnish and the value of the part. I think it would bring WAY more with a light cleaning and if you really want to get the $$ then spend some elbow grease and hand polish it, but never bead blast vintage aluminum parts. I have had my dirty Cal Custom FE valve covers be high sellers when there were 6 other sets on auction because the buyers wanted assured they had not been blasted.

I have a whole garage full of boneyard parts I didn't need (at least then) but still HAD to have!
That kind of thinking can turn even the simplest part quest into a real treasure hunt.
Nice scores-
If you don't want to waste all that time on the FE intake I'll be happy to take it off your hands for the 390 in my '55.:D

Jay

Latest posts

Back