Scored a single wheel trailer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
A friend of mine bought a fixer upper house. This trailer was in the garage and told me if I wanted it to come and get it. So I did.

Have no idea what I will do with it but it was too cool to pass up. It is full enclosed, the lid opens and its all metal. Tag on it says Harris Manufacturing, Stockton CA.

onewheeltraler.jpg

I remember those in the 60s and early 70s. Fairly popular with tourists. I don't think the box is original. Most of them had more of a pod like a roof top carrier. I also remember seeing a lot of those wheels doing the death shimmy, like a bad shopping cart wheel.

My warped thinking!

[SThe first thing I thought of was to make a hitch on it to pull it with my lawn tractor and haul my trash bags down the driveway for the trash pickup guy! :D LOL! Seriously I would! It would be varmit proof and the weather would not hurt it![cl

[SThe first thing I thought of was to make a hitch on it to pull it with my lawn tractor and haul my trash bags down the driveway for the trash pickup guy! :D LOL! Seriously I would! It would be varmit proof and the weather would not hurt it![cl

I was thinking of building a smaller one for behind my tractor..... The thing is they're so easy to back up:D

Last year when I was looking for a small trailer, a friend tried to sell me one, but I never went to look at it. He told me that originaly the front mounts attatched to some kind of universal clamps that clamped to your rear bumper. I did'nt like the idea of that kind of mounting, but the trailer would be something you don't see every day !

I ended up running across a 60's Allstate, Sears and Roebuck trailer. I have started on some Hillbilly tricks to it and have more ideas to go.... but it has been very useful so far !

Attachments

• 100_1093.jpg
    100_1093.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2124.jpg
    100_2124.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_2007.jpg
    100_2007.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 30
Is that electric fence?[S[cl[ddd:eek:

Yeah Man !! With spark plugs for insulators !! ;) Check out the name and model ! Simple name and to the point ! Funny story.... I talked to Dennis Gage @ Run to the Hills show in N.C. earlier this year and he was telling me that when he was young, his Dad always made him touch their electric fence to make sure it was working even though the light on the unit was flashing !!! LOL Super nice guy ! Note: the Hillbilly Surf Shop's 51 will be on "My Classic Car " sometime in January 2012 ! :D

Attachments

• 100_2115.jpg
    100_2115.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_2117.jpg
    100_2117.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_2106.jpg
    100_2106.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 18
my grandfather used them through out the 60's and 70's he really liked them. i haven't seen any since the 70's.[cl

Your are either flipping you photo negatives or someone is reversing the the fenders on your trailer. I was trying to figure out why someone would mount the fender backwards in the first photo.

Latest posts

Back