Scroungers XXX Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebstew

A fellow member of the car club started on this pieced together sheet metal about 2 months ago. 2 days ago he drove it across town. Totle investment including EVERYTHING is only $650.00.
078.jpg

011-10.jpg

012-7.jpg

013-10.jpg

014-8.jpg

017-7.jpg

It's done!
I like this pic. Vickers was explaining to Aryan, my son how something worked. Teach them young!
039-2.jpg

038-1.jpg

Last edited:
Vickers got the cowl from me. I wasn't sure what it was either but Blue Eyed Devil, that is on here seen it and filled us in. That is a late '31 Ford closed car cowl. Only made for the last few months of Model A production. Easy to tell by the tear-shaped indent in the firewall. They are fairly desirable...
The doors are from a truck, the 1/4's are 26 model T. The sides where the windows are is 26 T. The trunk area in the back is home made and the roof top is from a 52 Chevy. It has a slight bow.You can still find this junk. We are in bad shape like everyone else as for finding stuff. This was scrap metal that was going to be pitch and he collected it. Most stuff he or other members or friends had in stock from left over projects. It's not hard to do just have to see the running car through the junk pile when you first start. lol

is that an A sittin' in the driveway? what's the plan for that-one?

Later[dr
That is a long story. The A was an Urban legand for many years. I myself went looking for it. We had other clubs talking to us about it and stuff they had heard. They said it was rusting peacfully outside and some said it was in a basement of an old farm house where the door had been bricked in. We knew the road but that was it. We looked and looked for a couple years. Not just me but a few people. We started to think it was all just a joke. Well Vickers started dating this girl. She came to a few club gathers, grill out, shows ect. One day she told him that her uncle had a Model A. By the way it's on the same road the Urban legend is on?? Could it be? He told her he wanted to see it so they went to hang out with the uncle. The uncle not knowing Vickers took to him right away. He opens his garage and there sits a fully restored Model A. He ask Vickers to go for a ride and down this old country road they went. The guy is pretty old and was having trouble driving. He stops and tells Vickers to drive his car home. Vickers refused at first but the guy got on him and Vickers was in this fully restore Model A driving down the back roads. Vickers is freaking out and trying to think of stuff to talk about and he brings up this Urban legand Model A to the ol' timer. They get back home and the Ol timer takes Vicker around the back of his house and what's resting uder a big tree for over 30 years?? The Model A :D It took some doing but the guy really took a liking to Vickers and you guessed it. Vickers got it. That car has a big history and we can trace it to Vicker, the guy Vickers bought the car off of and then that guys dad. 3 owners! The city we live in was a huge ganster hangout back in the day. I know some are scratching their heads saying Kentucky?? We are a river town right next to Downtown Cincy Ohio. It was run by a few thugs and the rest by the Cleveland Syndicate. The Model A belong to an old gangster that had ties here in Newport. Ever hear of Sin City? No not Vegas. It has been said that the mob used Newport as the image they wanted in Vegas. Newport was called Sin City long before Vegas was thought of. Anyway the model A is complete and had never been touched. Vickers started ripping it apart to see what he had to work with. I am trying my best to get it myself. We will see. If I told you what he paid for it you would flip lol it was cheap..

Here is a little history on Newport if anyone likes gangers stuff.
http://www.scroungers.net/newport-k...-past-nude-girls-gangsters-gambling-t2294.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back