"Secret Willys Revival" (My chopped '53)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don`t have sound here at the school, I`ll watch it again once i get home for the full effect.

Good luck with that :eek: No windows, flopping fenders and clanging doors make for a windy/rattling noise :D But you're right it is a blast [ddd
I'll have to see if I can get Mrs. Snake Farm to shoot one from the side of the road sometime.

Later,

Ray

........ I also took a couple pretty cool pics yesterday that I'll post later.

Here's the pics I promised.

First is one of the Willys along side my neighbor's 1945 2N Ford that I had borrowed over the weekend for my daughter to use as a photography prop..

412mytruckandBryans2NLarge.jpg

And then there is this one :cool: Although several folks have found out about my "Secret Willys Revival" I have managed to keep it a secret from several others[ddd One of the latter is my ex-brother in-law that I started the project with, and that is saying something since we are friends and neighbors (he lives a half mile down the road). Actually he had gotten wind that I was working on the Willys again but he had no idea that it was moving under it's own power until I drove it past his house on Sunday :D My son in-law and I drove over to his house and he and I went for a spin with me riding shotgun. Said he never thought he'd ever see it on the road much less drive it....said it made his day [cl

This pic was taken about 11:00 PM Dec. 31, 1982 just after we had whacked 6" out of the top....

9setthetopbackonforatestdrive.jpg

.....and here we are 28+ years later

409meandBen28yearslaterLarge.jpg

...ah, patience Grasshopper, patience:D

So, things are still hectic around here and I'm not getting any garage time but I have been terrorizing the neighborhood pretty regularly and working some bugs out of the truck. It's running much better, will light'em up at will and it has all but quit smoking......I am pleased :cool:

Later,

Ray

Good luck with that :eek: No windows, flopping fenders and clanging doors make for a windy/rattling noise :D But you're right it is a blast [ddd
I'll have to see if I can get Mrs. Snake Farm to shoot one from the side of the road sometime.

Later,

Ray

Oh, but that`s half the experience :D Actually sounds kinda like driving my spitfire, just faster :p

-Johnson

very cool Ray..just the story of your truck is almost as cool as the truck itself..and its pretty obvious your havin a ball with the thing..too cool

Tim

Those pictures made me smile.

Me too! :D

very cool Ray..just the story of your truck is almost as cool as the truck itself. and its pretty obvious your havin a ball with the thing..too cool
Tim

Thanks Tim.......I was afraid it was showing :eek:

Have not seen much on the willy.

Yeah Mike, I've been laying low
smiley-hiding-hole.gif

Came home the other day and found this sign....

forsalebyneighborLarge.jpg

.....too much ripping around the neighborhood I guess [ddd

Not much going on with the Willys except pictures lately. Here's a couple 'senior picture' shots where my daughter used the Willys as a prop....

IMG_2071spmcDesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_2097spDesktopResolution.jpg

..I chatted with the girl's Dad and he really liked my truck, said he'd like to come back and see it when it's finished, I said "you don't know how close it is to finished" LOL. Enlightened him on the Rat Rod thing and he was interested by the time they left.......just spreading "The Fever" every chance I get :cool:

Today I drained the water out of it and put in some antifreeze......

414puttinginantifreezeLarge.jpg

.....and started a list of things I want to do next, when I get some garage time that is.

To be continued,

Ray

Oh, one more pic that I snapped today........

417CmonstartyouPOSSTARTLarge.jpg

....I was goofing around posing a pic for the "Haunt Rod" thread :D
I thought I overheard the "Punkin' Heads" saying " :eek: Com'on you POS, start darn ya" [cl[cl

Happy Halloween from the "Snake Farm" :cool:

Later,

Ray

Latest posts

Back