Sedan idea...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockabillyrat

Ok so ever since the day I brought my 29 tudor body home I have been going crazy trying to figure out how I want to build this one. I love sedans and have always wanted one. but after looking at pics for months I have gone though many ideas on how I want mine to look. Seem to change my mind every week. Well I feel like I may have found something I like. I based the engine position on Deathsdoorstep. But I will either go with a straight 6 or Y- block, Im to cheap for a hemi. And I will run a radiator and grille in the front unlike DDS. Will have a 2'' chop, Shortend 2", and be channeled over a custom built frame with a suicide front end. Here is a pic of some ones sedan I modified with microsoft paint.

Attachments

• deathdoorstep sedan.jpg
    deathdoorstep sedan.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 127
That looks cool...and with the sedan, you can move the seat back a little more to compensate for the engine setback. The gas pedal in "Deaths Door Step" is on the passenger side of the trans tunnel.

That looks pretty darn cool. And as Gastrick said you have room to move the seats accordingly. The engine in my coupster is set back to where the distributor is in the cab. Pretty cozy set up in a coupe.

I'm a big fan of sedans 2 or 4 door[cl
our club's Prez has a real cool "moredoor" Ford (at 6'5 I can't fit but dig it)
my2c keep us posted[P

Attachments

• Miriello's Hotrod.jpg
    Miriello's Hotrod.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Car Junk 017.jpg
    Car Junk 017.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 59
Yeah ive seen pictures of the inside of "Deaths Door Step" looks to be a snug fit. And little man is what 5'4"? Any way im small my self (5'9" 135lbs) so I can fit just about any where. But it will be nice to have the extra room with the sedan.

Cycledog you got any pics of the inside of your coupester? trying to get ideas on how to set up the steering and brakes.

rockabillyrat Cycledog you got any pics of the inside of your coupester? trying to get ideas on how to set up the steering and brakes.[/QUOTE said:
I'll take some pics tomorrow and post after work. I went a bit over board price wise on some "fancy" stuff to do the brakes and steering, not quite the rat way.

Thanks alot.

I dont mind the "fancy" stuff. I like rats dont get me wrong but im not afraid to spent the money to build a hot rod.:D

Here's how I ended up doing the steering and pedals, I tried a few configurations and for comfort this worked out the best.

I used a Wizard steering unit and a reverse Wilwood pedal set up with two mcs, one for the front disc and one for the rear drum. The master cylinders are two different bore sizes for disc and drum. The wilwood pedal set up has an adjustment so when the brake is applied there is different pressures for front and back, acts like a proportioning valve without the valve.

Not inexpensive but I don't mind spending money where, in my opinion, counts.

Attachments

• pedals1.jpg
    pedals1.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 34
  • pedals2.jpg
    pedals2.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back