Senior Games

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
Any of the old farts on here attending the Senior Games in a city or town near you?

They are having our games in Pasadena, Ca. My buddy, who is 66, got the gold medal in his age and weight group, for push-ups. He did 87. Yesterday, he cranked out 133 but now his shoulder is hurting.

I'm hoping to enter the bench press.

I'm slowly working toward competing. Today I made it to the fridge and back without falling down. :eek::D I think there is an event for that.

Don

"Yesterday, he cranked out 133"
Wow :eek:
One day he sent me his workout.
He woke up and did 30 push-ups for a warm up.
Had coffee and oatmeal.
An hour later, he did 110 push-ups.
An hour after that, he did 101 push-ups.
An hour after that, he did 100.
An hour later, he did what he calls stamina push-ups
As many push-ups as he can do for 1 min. Then rest 30 seconds.
Three sets of stamina push-ups broken down; 35, 30, 30

This is what he did one day last year.

I've been practicing for the 12oz curl competition for years, but I hear you only get one fluid elimination break per hour. My old bladder won't last that long and catheters aren't allowed so I don't guess I will be entering, maybe next year they will allow Depends.

A little late, but I competed in June. I got the Gold Medal in the bench press, 60-64 middle weight class. I just wanted to do it once. I told my wife if I could medal, I'll never do it again. Did you know that only 10% of the population can lift their body weight? Only 1/10 of 1% can lift twice their body weight?

Late year, a guy who's 50, entered the heavy weight class and lifted 425 lbs. This year, he attempted 435, lost it and had to go to the hospital. :(

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the XXX Senior Olympics as I'm hoping to not need "performance enhancing drugs" to compete :D

If the effects last more than 4 hours, be sure to contact your Doctor immediately. :eek::D

Congratulations GG on the accomplishment. Are you paying the price today with some newfound body aches ?

Don

Congrats GG. You are an inspiration.
402471-1.gif
Thanks Earthman, met a lot of nice people at the gym and contests. One day, I was getting ready to lift and a guy walks in with his girlfriend. She says, "Let's do bench" and grabs the 10 lb. dumbbells. The boyfriend, who is mid 20's, 6'2", grabs the 65 lb. dumbbells and they proceed to do dumbbell benches. I grabbed the 125 lb. dumbbells and start lifting. The girl notices and asks her boyfriend if he could do that. He said, no. My wife, who was watching, came over after they left and said, "You're mean!". I said, "Why? I'm old (61) and small (5'5"). If he can't lift what I lift, shame on him!". :D

Another time, 2 guys came in to do squats. They got up to 185 lbs. After they were done, I asked if I could use the squat rack. They said yes so I put on 465 lbs. After squatting 10 reps, one of the guys asked his friend if he wanted to try that. The friend said, "Are you crazy?". Both were mid 20's.

Latest posts

Back