Shaved Firewall/Engine Wire harness

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmontanez

My firewall is now shaved and nice and smooth, anyone know some ways that I can run my stock wire harness into the engine bay that look slick. Also the placement of the bulkhead/fuse box .

thanks much

Here's how the ol Tripper did it! :D

Attachments

• firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 86
what type of rod

what type of rod ya building? i do all the wiring on the monster trucks at the shop, so i have to be creative at times running and hiding wires. another question is how much wiring do you have? how many fuses?

On my 62 chevy truck I ran a stripped down 84 K5 blazer harness, built a stand off that was plug welded to the inside of the firewall to hold the fuseblock then ran a loomed harness through the trans tunel along the bottom of the block and through the frme etc. for no exposed wiring, worked out well fairly easy to service and no one could see anything..

@butchman_3, this is for my 64 chevelle, going for a stripped down look its gonna be a beater, but i want the engine bay to look clean. I would like to use the stock engine wireharness, there is 6 fuses.

@J_J_ sounds like a rad set up, do you have any pics?

I dont have the finished project pic's from right before it was shipped to the UK but here is a motor pic before we changed frame and drivetrain, and then the fuse block pic is what I had to change to since he wanted A/C in it and my original set up was in the way so I built another mount plate and put it on the driverside right at the inner fender/ apron mounts running all my headlight and such wiring through the apron to still be hidden, had a small loom visible from the apron to the hood for the marker lights and the enging harness went from fuseblock above the steeering column over the trans tunnel and back through the passenger side of the trans tunnel as I had it before the rubber grommit I used going through the trans tunnel was oblong and pulled from an 80 318 bmw I parted out years ago. I tend to save everything, never know what ya can use later and euro cars do alot of cool wiring tricks so they're great to get grommets from! the battery was on the passenger side behind the cab under the bed with a drop out box I made for it and ran 1ot up to the started along the frame, the finished product had the early corvette distrubutor cover that was rusted up chrome I blasted and flat blacked so it blended with the firewall and covered the plug wires too.
intake.jpg

fuseblock.jpg

thanks for the pics!

very cool, did you wrap the wire loom in a sleeve to protect from heat when going through the trans tunnel and by the engine?

yeah I had some leftover thermal sleeve like for plug wire boots but the trick part was I had an old chevy wiring tube that originally went from the bell housing to the starter right at the selinoid, I try to use original equipment anytime I can and if not then make it look oem. served me well doing restomods at the shop. Went through all my disk of pics and the wifes external back up drive and cant find the blasted pics... worst part is theres also a disk of some wife pics missing, and she's really not happy!

What are you wiring?

Ok sounds like a solid plan. You can never find something when your looking for it right? when you stop looking it shows up, ha.

i'm wiring the engine (which is stock with a HEI distributor, alt, starter) and the lights, and battery. no mods, maybe an electric fan but i might stick with the manual fan

Latest posts

Back