sheet prices?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighroder

Hey I'm wanting to buy some sheet metal to redo the floor in mt truck I want to use 18 gauge but I would have to order and its 100 a sheet which sounds really high I can get 22 gauge for 30 $ for a 3 foot by 4 foot sheet but I just worry that that is too flimsy I have access and plan on bead rolling for more strength but I was wondering what is the going rate for 18 gauge for a full sheet? And could I get by using 22 gauge I don't want to skimp but you know how the whole budget thing goes

big, i dont know if this is any help, but In a pinch I have several times bought on e-bay, like item # 330456387462. 18 gauge 18" by 58" for $9.99, clean virgin brand new cold roll. Shipping might kill you depending on what part of the country you are. I will say this, they are EXCELLENT e-bayers, and when you get the sheet it is perfect, they really package nice and ship very fast. cornfield, thats excellent pricing, sheetmetal, sticks for frames are all pretty pricy here in Fla. Thats excellent price for a sheet.

I paid $60 for 4x8 of 20 gauge.Bonehead is right I go to a sheetmetal fab place that does commercial kitchen stuff etc, and you can pick thru their leftover pieces and get a pretty good price. Got a 2x4 foot 14 gauge piece for $ 10 ,that works out pretty cheap per square foot.

i have found industrial riggers to be a great source for metal . they are paid to remove all sorts of metal things .. and there yards pile up..your could score doors off a huge roof top air conditioning unit or such . and patch your whole truck.its not uncommon to find lovers punched in.. also tubing and channle on the cheap ..
with riggers beer goes far .. a 30 pack could earn you a truck full of metal treasure...

Latest posts

Back