Shopping in a Rod.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My senior year in high school my buddy(Vintagefreak57) & I where out cruzing the local strip in my '65 Caddy conv. with the top down.
I pulled into taco bell to take a leak & ran into a cheerleader friend of mine on the way in who asked me if she & her friends could go for a ride.
OK i said...when I returned from the can the whole cheer squad was packed into my caddy. Five sittin on the top boot & another five squeezed into the back seat.

And there was matt sitting in the pass. seat grinning from ear to ear.

Ahh...I love that story.

-Mike-

The ones I love are the guys who say, my brother, uncle, dad, mother, sister, etc had one just exactly like yours only it was a red four door and had pink interior with the stock engine and wheels and exhaust.:rolleyes:

I get that alot with mine. Somebody will say their uncles 3rd cousin had one just like it. Have you guys ever seen one just like mine?

And I get alot of "how fast is it" questions. But it really is all good, If we were driving a Taurus no one would even talk to us. It is part of why we build 'em in the first place.

i have to admit i like it when people stop and comment on my cars. The funny thing is that I would get compliments on my 72 cadi all day long when i used to drive it around, and it was tore up. I was little dissapointed when I bought the 63 truck. Drove it around for over a year everywhere....two compliments that whole time.....where? at the county dump when I was using it to haul trash :( lol.

I was at the street rod nationals, getting ready to leave. A guy came up and asked if he could talk to me. I said, sure. He starts rubbing his hand on the roof of my 31 and saids, "I love the patina". I say thanks, where's your car. He points to a "show" 32' roadster and I say, "Can I rub my hand across your paint?". He quickly saids, "Sorry". I tell him, "No, no, thats OK. Let me rub my hands and your car!" as he quicky scoots away.

I used to get that alot with my trucks, when they were accualy on the road... and I wasnt getting chased by the inspection nazis about the height of them :LOL: Then I bought a tow rig and a trailer.

You wanna see some funny looks? Drive a bright red mid 80's toyota pickup on 38.5X15 Swampers with a flat bed, and a keg for a gas tank... aroud town, down the beach, etc. :LOL: It was a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back