Short 66

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

100_3470.jpg

Well i had saw something like this a while ago but not as much cut off. And I was wanting to cut the back off of mine. So a few days ago i got to it! This is what i came up with, took 22 inches off of it. Have to get the brake lights working now and some new back up lights to make it pass inspection here....

52 fordman

Kinda looks like some strange altered.....

Is different as Skull said.....what is the plan now....drop it, chop it, slam it...[P

Never saw another

Sure is different.
I have seen people make a short bed out of long bed by shortening frame and chopping front of bed to fit.
Never seen back of bed cut off.
Looks cool.

I've seen a few trucks like this on the internet. Kinda cool looking. Needs to be lowered, but maybe not chopped. And some wide ass tires out back.

Looks like a Pulling Truck. Needs some very big tires in the back and a blown Rodek in front.[cl

Short 66

Well to late to weld anything back on.... I am thinking dropping it a few inches all the way around and some nice wide tires in the back, at least as wide as will fit. The neighbor is going to give me a set of wheels for the front as the one I have I found out are both bent. So it will sit for a few days , work and the yard are due some time.

52 fordman

to each their own, but i really don't care for it. i'd like to see what you do to finish it.

short 66

100_3869.jpg

100_3871.jpg

Well this is as it sits now not as low as I would like but its better. Got my hands on a few sheets of sheet metal and made a cover for the back. Got exhaust on it and timed right. (finally) So one more step to getting on the road.

52 fordman

Your gonna want to either move your exhaust back or fix your rear cab corners - otherwise you'll be sucking fumes.

Well....

....that's different. Makes ya look. I kinda guess I think I like it....![cl

(please don't be offended but I'd have to call it "Stubby".) Do it......:D

Lynn

I say throw some paint on the wheels so they all match..... Thinking a nice gloss black..... then drive the snot out of it!!!

And I am also with Sam. My preference is fix the cab corners.

the truck looks really cool.

now l wish l cut the long box 64 ford uni-body l had to a make it a "short" box, but l sold it a long time ago.

Later :cool:

I like it!

My son and I built his 66, but it is a short bed....short bed. We cut 12.5" out betwixt the cab and the rear axle. I also moved the cab back to center the front tire in the wheel well. I always thought it made the front tire look too far back.

Latest posts

Back