Should I buy a 1930 Tudor?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Well, the 30 Buick I went to look at turned into a 30 Ford? [S Somehow me and the owner got our conversations crossed up - his brother has a 34 Buick (not for sale). Somehow I understood them both to be Buicks.

Anyhoo....
All body parts and fenders with a few extra parts and a few patches already tacked on and new door skins. Wood kit. MII (Ford) on a partially boxed frame - not sure about the frame though .... or the MII for that matter.

No title and I don't think there are any #'s on the frame anymore. It looks like it was boxed with parts from a second frame.

Attachments

• IMGP3052a.jpg
    IMGP3052a.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 79
  • IMGP3053a.jpg
    IMGP3053a.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMGP3057a.jpg
    IMGP3057a.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGP3068a.jpg
    IMGP3068a.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 60
If the price is right I would. I would also finish boxing it up ship it out to me, I would put it back together and drive it around a little for you to make sure it is safe :D

Yep if the price is right I would think it would actually be better than the Buick in a lot of respects..........more parts availabiliy, more desirable for a hot rod, etc. First thing I would do when I got it home would be to chop that front suspension off and put a straight axle under it though.

Don

PAY THE MAN! and we will be right here for support on another awesome build....

....but i'd stick a buggy axle under the front and ditch the fenders....[ddd

let us know if we need to break the news to the wife for ya:eek:

Thanks for the responses. So far I can't come up with any reason not to buy it. I'm not too sure if the frame and front end are salvageable or not - that's the only downer I see, well, besides the fact I was hoping for a Buick. :rolleyes:

Already looked into titling it - Iowa doesn't seem to bad. Unfortunately, I'll have to build it before I can get a title - I don't like that, but that's the way it is I guess. But since there are no #'s, it'd be hard for someone to claim it was stolen!

Guess I'll make the deal tomorrow then.... unless someone has objections?

....anyone?

Thanks for the responses. So far I can't come up with any reason not to buy it. I'm not too sure if the frame and front end are salvageable or not - that's the only downer I see, well, besides the fact I was hoping for a Buick. :rolleyes:

Already looked into titling it - Iowa doesn't seem to bad. Unfortunately, I'll have to build it before I can get a title - I don't like that, but that's the way it is I guess. But since there are no #'s, it'd be hard for someone to claim it was stolen!

Guess I'll make the deal tomorrow then.... unless someone has objections?

....anyone?

Objections?.......well you could always create it up and send it to me, it isn't a Buick after all.:rolleyes:
I would'a had it in my garage by now[dr
Go get it![cl

Last edited:
Sam, the frame looks savable in the pictures, and the front end will bring good money at the scrap yard. :D A decent model a body is well worth $1500, and that one looks pretty complete and solid.

I say go for it, and did I mention to get rid of that front end? ;)

Don

Hey Sam Fear

I would say snag it. You are looking at what every red blooded American rat rodder or street rodder for that matter would love to have. Henry Ford stuff is where it all started. Everybody builds em too. You would be in very good company with lots of others.
Old school Ford stuff is like buying gold and silver these days. You wont lose even if you dont touch it at all. It is an investment for the future...kinda like money in the bank...everybody wants a Ford.

my 2 cents thats all

MikeC

I'm happy for you. A good project for sure.
The challenge is; There are lots of Model A tudoor rods out there so just about everything has been done. The pressure is on to apply the Sam Fear signature to it.[;)

The pressure is on to apply the Sam Fear signature to it.[;)

sooo....chopped, channelled, sectioned, stretched, air bagged, custom frame, driver in one year with awesome, in the garage, pics as well?

[P[P[P[P

Nope. Nothing but a mild chop. Possibly a couple inch section if it'll take it. Even gonna go for narrower tall tires. Something along these lines:
IMGP6826.jpg

If it was just the body in much worse shape, it would be time to get ridiculous, but I can't justify ditching good parts and mutilating decent steel.

Latest posts

Back