should i or shouldnt i?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrench

a few days ago i went to look at a 41 chevy ton and a half truck that was in my local shopper paper. well it was already sold but the guy also has a 32 ton and a half truck. it is VERY rusty. the bottom 8-12 inches of the cab is virtually gone. but it has a later (35-36 the man said) flathead v-8 in it that spins free. it has aluminum intake and heads on it. not finned heads though. he says the carb and air cleaner are also aftermarket. he wants 500.00 for it. i'm thinking the engine alone is worth that. what do you guys think. i'll try to get pics saturday.

Flatties are cool. Find out what heads and manifold they are. Make sure the aluminum is not eaten away from electrolysis, could get them off and look like Swiss cheese. With the price of scrap metal might be able to recoup some of your investment on the rest of the truck.

Also, I thought that the commercial front axles were desirable and had some value. But check with others here. I bet Don or Captain Moron would know

IF the doors are half way decent on the cab, they are worth 150 to 250 each alone. If it were me I would jump on it.:cool:

Some flathead Fords came from the factory with aluminum heads. They don't have fins and will look like this. I would take a look at the engine and see what it is. It may have some rare early speed parts on it.

I would think it would be worth that..Heck I'd buy it,but I'll buy just about anything For a good flat head.:D

Latest posts

Back