Significant other

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine basically has no opinion on a project b/c she can't imagine what it might look like. But she generally thinks the finished cars are "neat".

She thinks its a constructive hobby though, and alot better than hanging out at the bar every night. I make sure to spend time with her and our son and only head out to the shop after the boy goes to bed.

I also tend to at least break even when I sell things. Can't say that about other hobbies (i.e. golf).

The wife of 33 years is cool with what ever makes

me happy...... I love her for that..... she likes the cars....but thinks i'm too fussy about what I do with them....thinks I don't enjoy it if I'm bit--ing about them...lol....doesn't get the process...:D

Its just odd to me that she can't stand the 65... I have a 50 Chevy A.D. pickup that needs work that she loves and she even stated that she would love to ride around in the rat rod that I was planning on building... I guess she it too picky on trucks but her dream car is a 69 Camaro... I suppose I am kinda lucky she gave me the garage and I get a little cash at the end of the money to do what ever with after all bills paid. I even talked her into going to a car show or two with me at the end of the season. Hope I can slowly turn her to more of a classic vehicle person. I promised her that we would take the 65 and the pups down route 66 when I get the truck finished.

Thomas

Here's my sig. Other.... Since no ladies like me spending time with my cars/trucks

And yes this is a true story

My first wife (for whom I sold my 66 SS Chevelle to pay for our wedding) probably would have been ok with cars but at the time I was a mechanic so cars were just a job and I worked a lot. My second wife of 16 years was always jealous of my accomplishments including in cars. My now and final wife of 2 1/2 years is happy with anything that brings me happiness and visa versa. Also she is an artist and enjoys car shows because she sees them as artistic expression but with old tin, Detroit iron and chrome as our canvas. [cl[cl for her!!

Mine doesn't quite get the whole rat thing. She never really says too much about the projects I bring home-just alot of eye rolling. She has no idea how much time and creativity goes into making something cool and funcutional out of "junk".

Mine doesn't really get the car thing much. She's happy sitting inside waiting for me to come in with a missing finger. She goes to at least one show a year with me to see whats its all about, and there is one that she will always go to with me.
She and i are polar opposites when it comes to personality though. I will literally talk to anyone about damn near anything where as she would rather sit in the truck and wait. She doesn't know any of the neighbors, and i know almost all of them, and even a bunch that aren't really neighbors, but live around somewhere.

Shes okay with me working in the garage as long as i take a break every now and then to spend some time with her.

She does seem to understand that the garage is "my place". She knows that's my escape. In fact, there is not 1 single belonging in there that is hers, and she rarely even steps foot in the garage. She'll stand by the door now and then though. I think she thinks its dangerous :)

We had a laugh together the other day when i pulled the rat project out of the garage to clean. She said "oh hey! you made room so i can park in there for the winter?" We both laughed cause we both know better then that :)
She said should wouldnt dare park in there anyways cause when she came back to her car, it would be something totally different :) She's pretty smart :)

Though, when i get the money, im expanding the garage, and that includes her own fully enclosed bay, with her own door and everything :)

Mine enjoys it and helps/gets in the way.

me too.
so i got her her own to tinker with.( 53 buick special)

bless her heart ,
she told me that my hobbies were one of the things that made her like me in the first place.
guns
rods
monster movies
and robot/dinosaur toys [cl

Latest posts

Back