Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you are taking the time to stand back and realize how far you have come on this cab.
You should post a before and curent pic.
Everything is looking great.
Weld on my friend. [;) [;) [;)
Torchie.

Thanks Torchie! You don't know how bad I want to put the whole thing back together to get a more complete looking truck, but I've got tons of stuff to do on the cab before I put it back on. I'm also thinking it's going to be quite a contrast in before and after shots. It may win...heheh! I can put it back on myself...I might do it...dammit!!!hehheh

not much progress

The pic shows the first step in matching patina up. In a day or so it will be hard to tell.

And the big boys shared breakfast with my horse...

Last edited:
Sure looks like a 12 or 10 ga. slug hit the door....maybe from a distance. Wallowed out and deep but never penetrated the door skin.

Now all I have to do is wet it down with water every once in a while and go until the color matches. The bed is just about right but I won't know for sure until I get them all together again. Our weather right now can dry it from wet to powder dry in about 5 minutes....I'll just spray it off once in a while while I'm buttoning up the rest of the holes. Ya know..rust it in one place. shine it and weld it in another....

heheh! check out my wheel chocks on the roller stand...

Now all I have to do is wet it down with water every once in a while and go until the color matches. The bed is just about right but I won't know for sure until I get them all together again. Our weather right now can dry it from wet to powder dry in about 5 minutes....I'll just spray it off once in a while while I'm buttoning up the rest of the holes. Ya know..rust it in one place. shine it and weld it in another....

heheh! check out my wheel chocks on the roller stand...

Nice use of the axe heads smallfoot. I've broken off a few handles in my time.....
Torchie.

Thanks guys. The patina is moving along ok. Went fishing today so I didn't do much but spray it down with water several times. The stuff works pretty good for me. I want to see it together in rust. I've already made some plans to add paint later. Just checking on ways to color the product I'm planning on using. I'll go into more detail on that later.

Thanks Chris! I took my signal lights apart to r&r them. Look pretty good inside and will clean up ok. The bulbs are still good too. A little clean up and some cardboard gaskets and I'll use them.

Enclosed a pic my buddy Jr. took yesterday at sundown. We hit the lake late yesterday afternoon in hopes that the so-called "super moon" that occurred yesterday would make the fish really turn on. Well, it was a normal day for the most part. We've caught more on regular days. Missed the "super moon" view too because of clouds. Sundown was spectacular tho and it's never a bad time on the water fishin...

The lights are wire brushed and ospho-ed, let dry, wire brushed again and assembled. I replaced the contact plate and tension spring in one bulb socket. I wound up with an extra reflector/divider for one of these lights. It was in good shape just stuck to one of the others. If anybody needs one of these, I'll send on my nickle.

I also now know what it feels like in a slow roll-over in a chopped model a. Felt like a bag of bones rolling around in a rusty box...heheh! Had the thing on my little stand, still on the slope(I shoulda known better) I'm leaning in the driver door, twisted about half way upside down trying to grind under the cowl.....weeee!!! Hey, I was going to put it down on it's edge later on to get to the top but while I have it low, I'll do what I did when it was bottom up....catch up on the welds...gotta doctor the hand and leg but I'm ok.

I would have liked to get it on the ground a little easier...sprung one door that was sprung when I got it, but know how to get it back to good. Thankfully it landed on fairly flat ground and didn't dent the top. It's missing a brace still and just tacked up there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back