So Cal Or Posies

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35Mastr

Mastr Blastr
I will be picking up my new So Cal axle at GG West Coast Nationals at Pleasanton this week end. Spoke with Lindsy from SoCal and it will be there waiting for me.

Thanks to the HAMB Allience.

Now my question is to go with a So Cal Spring or a Posies super slide spring?

I would like to here all the Pro's and Cons on both. I would like to kill two birds with one stone while I am there if possible.

Might get lucky and find a set of bones too. Also what is a good lenth on a set of bones to run?

I am all new to this scratch build stuff,So all info would be great.

Thanks in advance

I have used Posies springs in the past and never had a problem with them. But then again I can drive to Posies and pick them up. Saves on shipping.

George,

Those So-Cal axles are nice. I don't think you would go wrong with either spring. They are both good. I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

Since those So-Cal axles have a 2.25" perch boss, you should use wishbones to match. Those Model A bones that DMW has will work. 32 through 36 wishbones are only 2" and won't work. 37 through 48 are 2.25" but 42-48 (I think) have a "dog leg" in them. Some folks prefer 32 and later bones because they are longer.

Bill I am not real worried on the perch boss as I can mill it down to 2 inches if I need to.

Will those A bones be ok with a V8? Everyone is always saying not to use them.

Latest posts

Back