Some update on my 46'

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Gold

Can't leave well enough alone!
Got some more work done on th 46'. (see this thread for last update http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6972). Got the body pretty much finished and working on the 39 coupe front sheetmetal. I suicided the doors and "teardropped" the front fenders. The front suspension will hydraulic controlled torsion bars and the rear airbags. Running the cab, hood, grille and bed in bare metal and the fenders and boards in satin black. The wheels are just rollers. Will have 16" grooved dirt trackers in front and piecrust cheaters on steel wheels in back.

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

Very cool build. Love the '39 frontend treatment, and it is nice to see someone with some damn fenders on a late model truck! Hope your sense of style can can inspire others. Kudos on your work so far...

NICE...

AWESOME looking man....It does look cool...ya headed to Autorama this year..?? Sure would like to meet up and pass a little time with you.

You are a rare talent. You better keep this one until you finish it. I'm still not happy you sold the Packard.:D

You are a rare talent. You better keep this one until you finish it. I'm still not happy you sold the Packard.:D

Bob, plans are for Billetproof in June and a couple other shows than I'll be selling it in July. Here's a couple of the Packard - JUST FOR YOU!:D

packard039.jpg

packard040.jpg

packard046.jpg

Been a little slow on the 46'. Got the suspension all done (minus rear shocks) and the frame all painted. motor and tranny bolted in and ready for headers. I'll be running a "Vintage Speed" adapter to run a pair of Stromberg 94's. Still have to run brake lines, finish the floor, front and rear fenders. Geez June is coming fast! Anyway here's a few pix.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

more
007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

As you can see I still have a bunch to get done for Billetproof, but it will make it. I also bought a 51 Pontiac Cheiftan a couple weeks ago and jumped right in on that. I did'nt get any before pix but here it is now. I chopped it 4" front and 6" rear and rotated the rear window 180 Degrees, it is now "upside down. I'm going to drop the front about 3" and this is where the rear will be with the bags aired out. Hoping to have this running and in primer by June as well.
009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back