Some updates for my 51 Mercury

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I saw some articles saying it was at Don Garlits. I live about 20 mins from his museum I will have to go get a new pic of the car and post if for y'all.

That's really cool Snake Farm...and the California Kid, awesome. I had taken some pics of the Green Flame also with my little Kodak Instamatic but those photos are long gone.

Look like you are on the road to Perfection again. Some people just have a knack for getting things right. Beautiful!

May I be so bold as to ask what it costs to have a frame powdercoated?

Thanks Bob W. Sandblasting the chassis, brake drums, bumper brackets, misc suspension parts, and black powder coating everything was around 900 bucks.

It's already coming back together

I asked Tripper to move this thread over to the projects section since it was initally just supposed to be a rear suspension upgrade but has gone past that and probably shouldn't be on the main board.

While I'm at it, I'm going to dress and clean the engine up a bit.

Bonus points if anybody recognizes where they have seen this unit before :D

It was in the Deuce...

Yeppers, it was. I took these pictures at Bills house the day I went over to pick up the 4 carb setup he sold me (I should say GAVE to me as his price was WAY too low.......but thanks anyway, BIll) :D

Don

donsnewintake005.jpg

And Bill does actually get his hands dirty now and then. :D

donsnewintake002-1.jpg

This is his Pop and Brother.

donsnewintake004-1.jpg

Your frame and undercarriage looks great, Bill. Should last a lifetime too.

Don

Man you guys are just too sharp. E-man those little window shakers don't keep up at all but they do suck the humidity out of the shop. Wow Don, our shop looks halfway clean there. What happened to it? It's messy now. Counting the one on my bike, there's 12 carbs in that first photo.

Latest posts

Back