Speaking other languages

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansawer

Anyone here speak more than just english? Im wanting to learn another language, but dont know how hard its going to be to teach myself. Ive narrowed it down to learning either german or gaelic. Gaelic is a dying language, and its dying fast. They will probably both be really hard to learn, especially on the teaching yourself type learning. I could actually probably learn how to weld and build a rod from scratch before i can teach myself either of these languages, :rolleyes:.

So anyone here speak other words, and anyone teach themself?

!Si! Hablo un poco espanol.

I've taken classes in Spanish and a semester of Ancient Greek. Been exposed to a lot of Latin as well. HRP should know a little Greek and Latin as well, kinda comes with the territory of studying the New Testament.

Greek's really weird. They'll have the same words or phrases several times in a sentence and all the words are out of order. Can't say I remember many of the words of either languages anymore, but it was cool to study.

Learning another language definitely makes you learn more about proper English as well! Participles, Gerunds, modifiers...stuff that more or less comes naturally to us, but we may not totally comprehend it through our high school English courses.

i speak spanish to a degree because traveled to south america to do mission work,,,, the best thing to do is find some one who is fluent in it,, and spend alot of time with them as well as a study guide,,, there is some online studys which are good, but its alot easier when you have some one to converse with,,they can correct you .. and you hear it in a unformal tounge,, you also have to understand, alot of other langues speak in reverse, that was the hardness part for me!!

well i hate to disappoint anyone, but i don't know any latin or greek or hebrew... i do have a program on my computer to help me cipher out all of it....never been blessed with the time for a seminary education....maybe someday

but i does speak hillbilly ....pert'near fluently...:p;):D

I want to learn Mandarin so I don't have to read subtitles - I tend to watch a lot of oriental movies.

I do speak Drunk, sometimes fluently! :D

Yo habla espanol un pocito. Yo tengo quatro anos de espanol in mi esquala. I thin dats close. All present tense though. I use Spanish a lot at work. I do customer service at a HVAC company. Most folks who speak Spanish dig it when you try. I wish it I was better at it. When people are conversing in Spanish it sounds really fast, but I can get most of the verbs and nouns out of it. Its pretty similar to Italian too. When I hear the guys running on in the local pizza joint I can catch some of what they are saying too.

Used to speak spanish fluently (grandmother was from Mexico). Unfortunately my use of that has lapsed tho I understand more than I can speak anymore. Spent 8 years in Germany so learned enough to stumble through a conversation. Tho, I know folks that spent more time than I did there that can barely say 'Ein bier, bitte.' Would love to learn Gaelic as I'm just a touch Scottish. Can also speak passable redneck for a yankee & fluent drunk as well. :D:D

Latest posts

Back