spindle mount wheels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuffs

I finally found a set of spindle mounts for my project a while back as I have wanted a set for a long time, now that they are on there, I am curious how streetable they actually are? My car probably weighs around 1400-1500 pounds, Maybe less, but I am curious how well it will stop, I dont mind driving sanly at all, but occassionally you overdue it and need to slow down, just wondering if I should carry some extra shorts with me:rolleyes:

I had a set of the go kart puck (airheart) brakes on my T bucket before I switched out to steel wheels and real brakes. I think draggin a large stick on the ground would have worked better than those brakes, but the wire spokes did look cool.

So I'm guessing that you don't have front brakes. What wheels do you have? Some can be drilled on the backside to allow the use of a disk that bolts directly to the wheel. I think I would look into it if I was using spindle mounts. Like this:

In todays traffic, with all the lousy drivers in suv's talking on cellphones, I don't think that I would personally drive a car without front brakes. It's not so much your driving that you have to worry about. It's the idiot that pulls out in front of you that would deter me.

Do you have some pics? I love spindle mount wheels!

So I'm guessing that you don't have front brakes. What wheels do you have? Some can be drilled on the backside to allow the use of a disk that bolts directly to the wheel. I think I would look into it if I was using spindle mounts. Like this:

Do you have some pics? I love spindle mount wheels!

on a whim....would anyone happen to have a setup like this for sale......got a pair of those new style halibrand 5 spokes ....and could use a setup like this for them..... one thing about the brake setup....it would have to be heavy duty deal....those wheels are heavy....probably 30 pounds each...:eek: brandon:D

Latest posts

Back