Spring Perch Bolts - proper fit

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

Finally assembling my front end again and noticed that the spring perch bolts are somewhat sloppy on the axle, like .015"-.020" type thing. I can see this allowing movement and some major wear issues, or are they supposed to fit this loose and rely on how tight the spring perch bolt is to resist movement.

I mean the spring perch bolt that connects the wishbone to the front axle, I had one hell of a time taking the old ones out, but the new ones I purchased are loose as a goose so to speak, just didnt seam right to me. I dont have the old ones kickin around anymore to double check their size, but I know there wasnt any play, they were beat with a BFH to get them out, along with the big red wrench (torches)... just thought I'd ask...

I take it they are new aftermarket perch bolts ? If so, a lot of stuff coming in from other countries are dimensionally different from the originals. But even so you should be able to impact the big nut on the bottom tight enough to get it to hold well. What brand are they ?

Don

Latest posts

Back