Statitistic/joining the ranks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
As of about an hour ago, I joined the ranks of the unemployed. I dont mind being fired, but the sneaky way in which it happened kinda amused me/torqued me off. My boss called me in to talk. He says i have a disciplinary action coming. This takes 2 supervisors. The second one cant join us for a bit, but that means we get a chance to chat. He says it isnt that bad, wont effect my raise or promotion. We discuss routing issues, company policy, and points per job. The other supervisor comes in and mine says: "Its worse than I let on, your employment is being terminated."
Am I upset about it? Nah, im currently in shock at that amount of audacity. Mayby ill go be a parts monkey at Autozone so I can get a discount.

Sorry to hear that, Muddy. It's little consolation, but most of us have been fired at one time or another..........I've personally lost a few jobs that way.

At least you should have unemployment compensation coming to you, as long as you weren't let go for "cause."...........like stealing or drugs or something like that. This will give you 26 weeks of time to find something you want to do.

If you want to hear of a s****y way of firing someone, my Sons GF was recently terminated from Wells Fargo Bank. She was fired via Fed Ex letter!! They didn't even have the guts to call her in for a talk, they overnighted a letter to her telling her she was terminated! I've never heard of such a thing.

Keep your chin up, lots of us are in the same boat. My own place of employment closed up last February, so I am between jobs myself.

Don

REV, when the going gets tough, the tough..... get down on thier knees, but you know that brother. They say laughter is the best medicine, here goes...........you should at least try a NAPA store, this way you'll get a discount on a better quality and selection of parts.[cl Very sorry what happened.

Last edited:
so that was the worst 5 days ive had in years. I start on a trial basis back in garage doors, which I did for a decade before my 2 year flirt with the cable company. I know I was a nightmare to live with and I so pitty anyone who had to live with me.

I was terminated from the last real job I had, about 4 years ago. I was the transportation director for a big ministry. With no warning at all I was called in at 9 in the morning and told they were in financial trouble and were letting about 35 key people go. Clean out my desk and computer and turn in my keys by the end of the day. The stupid thing was that I was the only one qualified to work on the MCI coaches so they had to send all that work out to the dealer after that. It cost them more than a year of my wages per month for the bill to keep the repairs up on them. I must say that my life is much better now that I am no one's indentured servant.

so that was the worst 5 days ive had in years. I start on a trial basis back in garage doors, which I did for a decade before my 2 year flirt with the cable company. I know I was a nightmare to live with and I so pitty anyone who had to live with me.

I ve done the garage door thing for 3 years its not a fun jod ! Fixing the is worse than installs

got this from my mother in an email today -- thought it was pretty good (at least compared to what i normally get from her) so this seems like a fitting place to put it.

>One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving along when suddenly a car jumped right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, barely missing the other car!
>
>The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.
>
>My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and could have sent us to the hospital !
>
>'This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'
>
>He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets. The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...
>
>Love the people who treat you right.
>
>Pray for the ones who don't.
>
>Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!
>
>
>Have a garbage-free day!
>
>And whatever you do, don't ever, ever dump garbage on others!

got this from my mother in an email today -- thought it was pretty good (at least compared to what i normally get from her) so this seems like a fitting place to put it.

>One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving along when suddenly a car jumped right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, barely missing the other car!
>
>The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.
>
>My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and could have sent us to the hospital !
>
>'This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'
>
>He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets. The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...
>
>Love the people who treat you right.
>
>Pray for the ones who don't.
>
>Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!
>
>
>Have a garbage-free day!
>
>And whatever you do, don't ever, ever dump garbage on others!

Awesome!!
As I try to teach my kids, you and you only have the control over your own happiness and joy. Someone else can only take that power if you give it to them.
I think at some point I had to ask myself "What's my purpose here? I had found I worked, payed rent, buy food, shovel it in and pass it out, then I toil some more, rushing about accumulating things until I was about out of energy, and all for what?
I had a tough year or so after I quit being a slave but gradually found my groove. Now I owe nothing, have zero payments except my internet/phone/tv, and I do what I want when I want. Plus I invest regularly and always have money in my pocket. The best part is I have time to help people who need it and I have a huge garden with plenty to share with others. My life without a job is much better than it was with one, yours could be too if you are willing to make the adjustments.

as soon as you start getting angry, or upset, or whatever because of /with someone else - you just put them in control of your life...
youve made them your "higher power" - i guess thats fine for some people
but not me... like i tell me kiddos (and myself) all the time -- its just like Dory
from Nemo - just keep swimming - swimming - swimming... smile - and dont forget to help people a long the way -

Cantwell, I like that! Rev. what can I say....I`m sorry you lost your job, but there is really no need in me telling you this(you already know it) when one door is shut another is opened. I worked for a company for 15 years as a shipping manager. Quit and moved 400+ miles away at the drop of a hat...no warning and you know what? I haven`t felt better, it`s great even though I thought at the time the is the dumbest thing I ever done. Zero stress, Zero responsibility..(job wise) feels like a 200 pound weight off of my shoulders. Hang in there brother....there is other plans you just have not been informed of them yet!

Latest posts

Back