Stewart warner gauges.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

About 2.5 years ago my Son Dan bought a set of Stewart Warner Wings gauges for his rpu. They have been sitting unused because the car is just getting to the stage where we need to install them. A couple of weeks ago we were doing just that and noticed the needles had fallen off of the tach and oil pressure gauges. :eek:

I called Speedway, where Dan had bought them, and they said since they were bought in May of 2008 they could not return them to Stewart Warner as SW has a 2 year replacement guarantee. But they gave me SW's phone number in El Paso Tx and I called there. Got a very nice guy in customer service and he said someone would be calling me back. About an hour later a guy called and asked for our shipping address..........they were sending a new tach and oil pressure gauge out UPS immediately, and all we had to do was put the old ones back in the box and reship it to them when we got the new ones! :eek: They are even picking up the shipping costs both ways.

The guy said "we are embarrassed this happened and apologize to you." I am very impressed, to say the least. They could have said no and I would have understood, due to the time that has passed. Guess whose gauges we will be buying from now on? :D

Don

That is outstanding customer service. You can let them know your story has secured them another customer as well. It's really good to hear that some company's still care about their customers.

Yep, like only $ 400 a set of 6. I'm going to put them in my RPU, primarily based on the good customer service they gave us, but also because my dash is already cut for 6 guages. :p:D

Don

Latest posts

Back