Stewart's T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted some crazy looking headers. I think I found them.
014-2.jpg

019-3.jpg

Steering looks like it will clear too.
022-2.jpg

I finished up my welding on one of the bones and I have sanded and primed this bone more times than I care to admit. Below are some pics of what I thought would be the last coat of primer.
085.jpg

088.jpg

I wasn't happy with the factory weld so I did a little grinding and layed a very thin layer of glaze over the bone to smooth out the factory weld job.

looks like a fun truck,,,,,

do ya still have the 34 dodge?

Later :cool:

Nope. I was running out of space and something had to move. Sad to say it was the Dodge. I'm looking to move this summer so hopefully I'll have all the room I need from now on.

I spent too much time on the front end stuff. It will stand out and I wanted to try to make it somewhat okay lookin'
I got the paint shot on the bones and axle.
045-1.jpg

053-1.jpg

054.jpg

066-1.jpg
[/quote

089.jpg

091.jpg

My oldest son, Corey didn't have any luck finding a job so I told him I'd pay him 7 bucks an hour to work in the garage. I'm hard to work for I will be the first one to say it. He's was doing all the crap work which leaves time for me to do the cool stuff. Corey started on the engine and then went over the entire car with 150 grit. Getting the oil off the metal was a pain. Then he wire wheeled the rest of the frame. He's also keeping the tools picked up and garage floor clean, which I love.

012-3.jpg

013-3.jpg

002-6.jpg
[/

Aryan, my youngest son was wearing the other welding helmet and was watching his big brother. Aryan's has an ego bigger than anyone I ever seen. He could not let Corey out do him so he wanted a shot
009-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

012-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

It aint pretty but it sticks together. :D
Start 'em out young and they will pick it up. I have been teaching my wife this last month. She is doing pretty good. More on that later.[;)

much respect

You do amazing work, I like the gussits,and how you make everything blend together looks molded. I don't really like how easy you make it look though.

welded to the frame

It looks like the body is welded to the frame r u going to leave it like this?

It looks like the body is welded to the frame r u going to leave it like this?

The body is welded to the frame and it will stay that way. Most people freak but I have done many this way.Other than being able to take a body part off to replace, if it gets hit it's no biggie. If this gets hit it's going to mess some stuff up anyway. Cut it off and redo it. I don't care for the rubber mounts. I have had a Trans Am for 23 years and use to street race it back before I had a little common sence. There is no rubber in it either. Aluminum body bushing, solid engine and trans mounts and even aluminum bushing in the leave spring eyes. Does it ride a little rougher? Maybe. It's nothing that I can't live with and it rides just as smooth as my wife Toyota Yaris. They don't sit and shake every bolt out of it like people always say. Besides with slicks, a wicked motor and open exhaust a smooth ride is the least of my worries.:D

I have a few minutes so I thought I'd post a few more pics from the build.

Corey did the nasty job of wire wheeling the scale rust off the headers so I could paint them
011-4.jpg

012-5.jpg

013-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back