Stopin by to say Hi!! and check out my 31

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think thats awsome sounds like you made quite an impression good to hear the cars doing good and keep up the good word at shows:D

Well I have a little update on the car. I have just over 250 miles on the car now and it has been a blast. We have a oil leak from the front seal....who cares, and the speedo cable broke. Thats it. It goes down the road with one finger on the wheel. It rides so smooth, you forget that you are in a 31 rat. I think that out of all the cars I have had, this is the funnest to drive. ........................................................
......This guy looked over my car for a hour the 1st time, then brought his wife by, then his buddies and family. He asked for my e mail to help him find and build a rat. His wife was so pumped that they were going to have a car to go drive around in.....

I hope this guys goes with this and makes a car. Seeing this happen makes me wonder if a change in the rodding world is coming? What do you think?

This is a monumental blessing towards the RATS. Here is living proof that a chainer friggen just awoke from his trailer queen days and is realizing how much he has short changed his life with this big pile of tin that has kept him afraid of enjoying his ride.
I do hope he does get with you and does call on us to help him cross over to the better part of rod life. I think you should invite him over to the forum and we can all share in his baptism of fire into the RAT LIFE.....lol.......
Hey, my heart is pounding and I have a tear of joy streaking down my cheek, goose bumps are on my arms just thinking about this person finally waking up to life as it should be spent......out driving the **** off his wheels in a rat mobile.......lol............just simply KOOL!:D

We can feel your pride in building something from the ground up and now you are starting to get out on the road and enjoy it. Quite a feeling, isn't it? :D

You two have done a really good job in a very short period of time. I know there will be the "Negative Nellies" out there who will be saying some things about it, but don't let them get to you. They are ALWAYS going to be there, whether you built a rat or a million dollar rod.......it's just the way it is, and you have to accept that and discount their comments.

There is something to be said for having a rod that you can jump in, drive, and park without having to worry about every little stone chip or scratch. I couldn't stand having a car that I was afraid to use. My Nephew has a '67 Shelby that is right around a 1000 point car.........he trailers it to a show, wins a trophy every time, and trailers it back home. Most useless car I have ever seen in my life, and even he is starting to realize that, but he is in so deep he can't get out. My ex-Brother-in-law has a '65 Vette with 40,000 miles on it. He has had it since college, and he is now about 60. I kept telling him to take that thing out and drive it but "that would depreciate the value." Yuck. :eek::eek: If I want investments, they won't be the automotive type. Cars were made to drive, period.

Keep us posted of new adventures you have in your cool little rod. :)

Don

I thought I would give you guys a little update over the last few weeks with the car. I have had little to no problems, the speedo cable unwound, the drivers side bag leaks really slow, and I had to put mirrors on it. That is it! I have been driving it when ever I get a chance, thats why I have not been on here. Sorry to say, but there will not be a burn out video. I have a felling that the used tranny we put in it is in need of a little love. So maybe over winter I will pull the motor and trans and have them gone through.

I still have not got the final $ yet, but I will have the parts break down on sunday.

By the way, if you are thinking about ever building a rat....it is by far the most fun to drive and watch the faces of people you fly by!!!!

A lil pic for ya!
Zach

141-4169_IMG.jpg

congratulations on a job well done. it was really cool to watch you build this thing from the very beginning. the car itself is very cool and I'm happy to see you enjoying it. Makes me want to get out there and work on my truck. :D

So get off the web and start building. Give us updates.

Ok, so today me and Donny went over the money that was spent on the car. So here it goes.....
Body 1900
axle 100
drop axle 340
valve covers 30
parts car 400
air bags 100
grill 66
radiator 65
calipers 200
4 link 200
steering colum 20
wheels 15
tires 580
shocks 80
door handle 1
vega box 50
gas tank 20
tail lights 2
speedo cable 14
pullies 1
headers 40
u joints 24
lock nuck 11
steel 150
ex pipe 26
seals 16
breaks 73
batt cable n parts 95
steering u joint 82
more brake parts 58
trans filter 13
speed way order 245
plexi glass 45
carpet insul 30

for a total of 4733
-440 in parts sold off parts car

for a grand total of $4293

Yeah I know that we thought we might have been out the door for 3 grand, but there a bunch of new parts we bought for safty reasons. We also did not have time to gather parts at swap meets like we wanted to. So to have a safe and reliable car for 4293.....an extra 1293 is fine with me.

Zach

I bet you've gotten your money's worth already in fun. :D Considering you built a car from nothing but an idea, that is super cheap. My hat is off to you. :)

Don

Thanks Don.

Yo, what going on guys? I have not been on here much in the last two weeks do to driving the beans out of this car. So way back when I told you guys I was going to tell you the good, bad, and the ugly with everything about this car. So here we go...Last week that sweet 20 dollar gas tank started leaking, why wouldnt it? So I had to have one drop shipped to my house this week so we could have the car down to the Car Craft Summer Nationals. Once we swaped tanks we were back on the road. The car has been thought everything at this point and taken it well.The damn speedo calbe has a mind of it's own....No biggy. I had to idle for a hour to get to my parking spot at the show today and it never got hot or loaded up. It was sweat watching the 50 grand street rods blowing coolant all over the street! Here is a pic or two from the show.

141-4200_IMG.jpg

142-4202_IMG.jpg

142-4203_IMG.jpg

Zach...

PS Hey Colorado Dan, what do you think?

Last Call, I'm glad you are having fun with the car and that it's dependable. Thanks for droppin in and giving an update. Those dang 20 dollar gas tanks will get you every time :D. The car looks good and apparently works good. You built it on the cheap and are enjoying it. What more could you ask for.

Whats up guys, I have been all over the place and now have some time to write whats been up with the car. We turned just over 7700 miles total! I am fighting with a air bubble in my cooling system, but other then that we have had no problems.

I was able to catch the last 2 days of the hot rod power tour....witch may have been one of the coolest things I have ever done. Me and Tuna drove just about 700 miles in 2 days....smooth as glass. Not to mention 26 mpg!!!

The next week was the Back to the 50's car show in MN. The car club I belong to was asked to be in the O'riely auto booth. There I got to meet Mr. Car crazy himself....See the pic.

I am so ****ed I din't build this car years ago..........I just love it.

Picture162.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Oh yeah, somehow this car ended up in the august 08 street rodder mag on page 212! LOL Yeah, thats no joke.

Later
Zach

I have now hit 8300 miles this summer!!! I just got a cam for it to go in next week too.

But heres the best part.....The september issue of Ol skool rodz did a 3 page artical on it!!!!! Check it out on page 70, the info is not 100% correct, but it is still cool.

I am hopping to get it on the dyno before and after the cam install. I will post back when I get that far.

Zach

Latest posts

Back