Storing parts in house. My wife rocks!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

So mama wants her side of the garage back now that the temps are dropping at night so SHE suggested I put the fenders for my 47 in the basement so I could work on them over the winter or just to have extra room to work on the car! It felt weird hearing that and even more weird to be carrieing fenders into the house. [S I have freinds whos wives would kill them to even think about bringing parts into the house. I love my wife

Sounds like my wife. One of the kids built a motorcycle in his bedroom one winter when he was 10 or 12. She thought it was cool and wants to build a second shop so she and I have more room to work on the cars.

You got a good one, keep her happy.

So mama wants her side of the garage back now that the temps are dropping at night so SHE suggested I put the fenders for my 47 in the basement so I could work on them over the winter or just to have extra room to work on the car! It felt weird hearing that and even more weird to be carrieing fenders into the house. [S I have freinds whos wives would kill them to even think about bringing parts into the house. I love my wife

You got a good one, keep her happy.

Had an airplane prop hanging over the livingroom archway, and the tailfeathers stashed behind the couch, boxes of parts in the closets. 30+ years later the plane has been built, flown, sold and gone....but I still have the wife!!

A buddy of mine rode with the Pagans MC club, and he built more than one bike in his living room. When we would go to visit my Wife would say "Don't get ANY IDEAS!!!" :D I took her there on purpose every so often just so she would appreciate me a little more. :cool::D

Don

:D I took her there on purpose every so often just so she would appreciate me a little more. :cool::D

Don

we all have "friends" that we use that way--"honey aren't you glad i don't (fill in blank) like my buddy does...:D

and yes, a wife that understands you and your hobby is ......"priceless":cool:

my wifey has an understanding of my illness but not neccesarily an appreciation of it:rolleyes:

You got a keeper me thinks!..[cl
When I first started dating my wife I lived in a ground floor apartment with sliding glass door to the dinning room. That's where I parked my Harley and stashed parts all around. When we bought the first house with no garage I dragged the Harley & all the various parts inside. Now that we have been together 30 years she has domesticated me some and I keep stuff in the garage...[P

The first time I got out of the Army I use to keep my Harley in the living room over night. I lived in a half double and would come home about 2 or 3 in the morning. And I would have to rev it up before I shut it down. The guy next door would bang on the walls yelling "I'm going to kill you". Being a combat vet it did not brother me.

Now my girl friend does not say a word about having parts in the house. She does move them those. But they are only there for a couple of days until I take them to the garage. Right now there is a Model T gas tank for the Rat Rod, , a custom steering wheel for the 58 Rambler and a set of head light for the 35 setting in the living room. In as couple of days there should be a set of 15x12 Aluminum slots coming.

I built my first Harley Davidson in the dining room of my home and kept it in a room off the kitchen after it was built! Of course that was my first wife. I don't think this one would tolerate that! As Fuzz said, "I'm domesticated now":eek:..:D..CR

This is a pretty cool thread.

I took over the formal dining room a few years ago, it wasn't being used anyway, for my pin striping studio.

I also keep a myriad of misc. parts in there, battery box, door panels, fuel tank, carbs, etc.

I didn't even ask and she has never complained.

Gotta love those understanding women.

I built my first Harley Davidson in the dining room of my home and kept it in a room off the kitchen after it was built! Of course that was my first wife. I don't think this one would tolerate that! As Fuzz said, "I'm domesticated now":eek:..:D..CR

It was my first wife also. Maybe that why she an EX.

Update my wheels just came.

my wife said i can work on whatever i want in the basement.. i just dont wanna carry my 70lb doors downstairs to block them.. i think ill plug in a little heater and crank it up in the garage instead.

Hmm, I bet she has her eye's on a very expensive Christmas present....

Latest posts

Back