Stroker Kit

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

railroad

I noticed stroker kit prices are getting lower. While gathering parts for building a Ford 302 base engine for either the roadster or a Falcon project, the low price of a 347 Scat stroker kit from CHP set the hook on me. After ordering the balanced kit, I was informed there was a delay on balancing due to a back up. A week later Probe industries called to say there was a delay on getting the pistons, which would be about a week. OK, I can't do much in this weather anyway. Today I called CHP to make sure my kit was Scat and not Probe, since there was over a $200 difference. Pleasant conversation, assuring my kit would be Scat, more excuses on the delays. It seems likely CHP is someone sitting by the phone taking orders. When these come in they order the parts for the kits, balance and ship out, or said better, they do not inventory anything. These are just my thoughts at this point. I will update on the quality of the service and product.

I bought the same stroker kit, except I went with the 331 ci kit, from Summit. I was really impressed with it, especially the floating piston pins, which I had never owned before. You are going to love it when it comes. The pistons also are very shallow and slip in the bores so easy.:D

Don

It is encouraging to hear something good. This weather has put a hold on everything. I went to the shop a couple of times today. Just too cold to do anything and I am about to go crazy.

Latest posts

Back