suicide front end top speed? safe speed?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txrat1940

i run a parallel leaf spring under i-beam set up, and of course with bumpsteer included, just wanted to see what yall top speeds are or safe speed you do going down the free way, i usually run between 50-60 mph, just to be on the safe side and enjoy the ride, and yea cuz of bumpsteer,just wanted to see what yall cruise at? thanx:cool:

Bumpsteer can usually be easily corrected unless you just have a major no-no in your steering geomoetry. Unfortunately this is the case a lot of times, but if not then there are a few solutions. Installing a steering dampener is usually a good start...

ive been a buck twenty but that was with a brand new aftermarket superbell from speedway and it was fine but no used or orginal parts so i dont know how that helps you now my frineds t roadster truck doesnt have a speed odmeter and we have flown it but i dont how fast its all model a and it was a little harry around 3500 rpm in third on the highway but nothing that felt dangerous like it was going to lose control or break or anyhting

110 and everything felt fine cruse steady at 80 and no trouble.

Attachments

• 0247264270954.jpg
    0247264270954.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 44
if you post some pics your bump steer can be disected,we can see whats wrong. generally when that happens some thing is not right. the stablizer probably wont help much if your geometry is wrong. i have had cars over 100 with split bones. death wobble thats another story.

Latest posts

Back