Suicide front end...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GARAGE RAT

MISSOURI OZARKS, QUIET, PEACEFUL, RELAXING.
I have a question. I plan on using a cross steer setup on my frame. But, from what i read, i will need to put a panard bar on it to keep it aligned. How is a panard bar in stalled on a suicide front end? I imagine this is simple to someone who has been there. But, this is my first spring behind project. Thanks. Van

Here's a builders tip from the 2009 issue of the Speedway catalog.

"A Panhard rod should be considered mandatory on all 4-bar systems, and recommended on all cross-steer systems. The bar is normally mounted to the frame on the drivers side and to the axle/batwing on the passenger" side. It should run parallel to the drag link so as not to induce bump steer."

It has been my experience that there will be clearance problems with your drag link, radius rods and frame will be in the way when the transverse spring is mounted behind the axle on a suicide perch. Also I have built suicide mounted transverse springs and not used a panhard bar. If your spring is short, and it most likely will be and the shackles are correct length you will not need the panhard bar.... We could use some pictures of your project to get a better idea of what you are working with ... [P

Latest posts

Back