Superb hot-rod mayhem from the 1930s

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat video. Kind of stings now though knowing how hard it is to find some of that stuff. That head on crash at the end looks brutal.

Last edited:
:D Damn Thunder, you better hope she doesn't read this forum! Or else you could be in for a long week....CR

That was wild. To those guy they were just old cars. When I first started dirt track racing in the early 80's a lot of guys were using 1st Gen Cameros, 70 Chevelles and early Mustangs because they were just old cars.

That was wild. To those guy they were just old cars. When I first started dirt track racing in the early 80's a lot of guys were using 1st Gen Cameros, 70 Chevelles and early Mustangs because they were just old cars.

I hear you there, dmw. When I first started in the mid 70's the Modifieds were some thing like this:

2003pjohnambrose711px2.jpg

There were a few Vegas, Pintos, etc, even one Corvair. But, the 20's bodies were still the main ones.

Dang Bruce ,, nice pics, luv them early modifieds..:) thats why ya don't see any 37-38 Chevy coupes..LOL
I grew up working on them in the 60's and 70's up in NY. I get all misty eyed lookin at the ole' pics.

yep,, Richie was one of the best.. RIP along with Bugsy Stevens, Maynard Troyer, and my hero, Jimmy Shampine in the "8 Ball" , those were some great times, watching them run on the 5/8 mile banked asphalt at Fulton NY was my favorite track for modifieds. Richie would start makeing his groove(puttin down rubber)on the high side early in the race, so he could make a move on the outside if he had too late in the race for the win..:) Good times..

Latest posts

Back