t bucket bed missing???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodyman101

hey guys i recently traded for a t bucket but the turtle shell or bed is missing what can i do, can i get a metal or do i have to get a fiberglasss one, i hate fiberglass, if anyone has any idea let me know, thanks

Here's what i did to mine ,i cut down a 50 chevy bed and fabed a tail gate and roll pan but it is just as easy to make the whole bed from scratch too.
The turtl deck would be a little trickyer but it can be made also,but would really need an english wheel to do it ,unless you canfind something that looks close and cut it up and make it work .
Also speed way sells them both if you have the funds to buy them .
And some of them look better with just the gas tank behind the cab.

Attachments

• 101_3234.jpg
    101_3234.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture 240.jpg
    Picture 240.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 86
Build your own from some 14ga sheet and some 3/4" round tube. Here is one we did and made a 25 gallon tank out of it.
newtfinished4.jpg

i hear ya but iv always wanted a little rat rod truck, now that iv been thinking about it i probably need to trade it for a truck and chop it to get what i want, but ill probably build the roadsters and then see where i go from there i have a pretty decent start on two

Get by with a little help from my friends

Bodyman, lots of good suggestions and examples there, here's my humble input, this is a good time to see if you have any buddy's in the HVAC biz, AC and guy's who do duct work these cat's usually have those big bending brakes needed to bend up the sheet metal so you can fab up a killer little bed, that and some small round tubing or square tube and a lil 110 mig, and your set brother, I am sure some guy's here might have even made the 45 degree bends you need for the sides with some clamps and angle iron, were here for you!! GOOD LUCK!!

I'm willing to help on the bed if i can do any thing to help?
I hate to see you give up on it so quickly.
If you finish it you may find that you acually like the T ,after i got mine drivin i fell in love with it .There really fast and nimble .

OOO no worries Kind sir i plan on building the t bucket for sure, and i will need your help on the bed, so thank you very much for lending a hand chopper tom

beds

you can buy a bed complete- last one i saw was $1800.00 more or less.
you can buy any of the pannels to make your own. they are not cheap.
bitchin products i think has them.

Latest posts

Back