t-bucket floor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilgription

Is there ant pics on here of somebody putting a floor in a t-bucket? Just want to get some good pics before i start

i don't have pics from when i done mine, but it's simple. set the body on the plywood or what your going to use for the floor draw it out from the inside of the body and cut it. if your going to channelle the body then tack some angle to the bottom of your frame and set the body on, drop the floor in and start the glass work. if your not going to channelle then cut the floor to fit and set the body on a good spot on the floor then drop the floor in and start the glass work from there. i'm going to cover the hole floor in side the car with cloth and resin but on the underside of the floor i'm just going to use the resin with no cloth. hope that helps, if you have any questions p.m. me.

odie:)

Look at the NTBA site--all they do is Ts--lotsa good info, and good guys. Just wear sunglasses--lotsa shiney stuff..

PA41

Here's how Chester Greenhalgh describes building a T-Bucket floor in "How to Build a T-Bucket Roadster for Under $3000."

"Buy a sheet of 1/2" exterior plywood to cut the flooring out of. Get some large cardboard boxes and cut and tape them to an approximate copy of the body bottom. Now set the template inside the body, on top of the frame rails and trim any excess off. If it doesn't touch the fiberglass all around, tape some pieces on so it does. We want a template that rests flat on the rails and just barely touches the body at all points.

When the template is finished carefully lift it out and lay it on your plywood. Smooth finished side of the plywood up, of course. Trace your pattern on the plywood and cut it out. Since a T-body doesn't have straight sides like your mama's refrigerator, the bottom of the pattern must curve in on the bottom. Adjust the sides and back, and you can save some time here if your sabresaw can be adjusted to cut at an angle. Otherwise use the grinder. (I use a 9" - 16 Grit disc on my 7" grinder for wood carving purposes.) We want the finished piece to slip right in and rest completely on the rails without spreading the body to do it. Save this template for a rug pattern. It only needs a little trimming to work.

If you screwed up and have a slight gap here and there, don't sweat it, the fiberglass mat will cover it."

SET the body at the desired ride height then take cardboard and make a template for the floor, cut it out of 5/8 or 3/4 plywood and glass it in. i personally like to take 1 x 1 inch square steeltubing and make a under floor frame to mount floorboard to. it takes all the stress off the body so you dont end up with stress cracks in body later on.
just the way i do it.
bob

Latest posts

Back