T-bucket frame for a ford cab ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilgription

Can the t- bucket frames such as Speedway's or eztbucket's frames be long enough for a 51 ford truck cab ? I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before i make a decision. Or what is the most common frame length for a truck cab and short bed

Depends, if I'm not mistaken most t-bucket frames from Speedway etc. were around a 114" wheelbase but I'm sure some of the bucket guys would know. That should be plenty long but first I'd mock up a wooden frame like Don does to see if that will be ok for you purpose. You can always call Speedway and ask for dimensions.

ISore

i'm almost certain that dmw56 built his 51 ford truck, using a spirit industries t-bucket frame--i'd check the early pages of his build thread.....

I'm sure Spirit or RPM would build you a longer one if ya need it for not much more. They are pretty simpe rigs, and Ron (RPM) and Bob Chester (Spirit) are good to talk with.

Spirit is just up the road from me--good to deal with, and Ron has a excellent reputation.

PA41

were doin a 48 gmc truck on a t-bucket frame .we cut and moved the firewall back to gain engine room and i think were going to redo the kikup to get it lower.the one thing i have noticed that the truck keeps looking wider and wider everytime i look at it .its gonna be a convertible so that makes it look even wider

I made a simple frame with a 117" wheelbase for mine. Cost about $200 for bare frame.............

Attachments

• 100_0299.jpg
    100_0299.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 77
itll work if you want a two foot bed. building a frame will cost more than 200 bucks. just the steel for the frame costs more than that at the yard![S

Latest posts

Back