Tail lights on

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
Ok so the tail lights stay on on the caddy all the time. Im not really sure whats goign on. I had a guy tell me it wasnt grounded properly. The only grounds I have found so far are in the front of the car. Everything checks out, nothing seems loose. So what am I looking for?

It could very well be a bad ground, but it would have to be a constantly powered circuit if it lights them up when the key is in the off position. Not many constantly fed circuits in an auto, brake lights, interior lights, cig lighter are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. The brake light switch would be the first thing I would eliminate, check to see if it's faulty, or beening held in the energized state keeping the lights on. If it's ok, start pulling fuses one at a time until the lights go out. You will have found the power source, and narrowed down the likely cause to that circuit. That's how I would go about it.

Thanks!!

Great! Sounds easy enough. It may be a faulty break switch. The system had no fluid in it for a very long time so the pedal sat on the floor. Its probably stuck. Ill start there. Thanks again!

Thats exactly what it was, a faulty brake switch. The pedal wasnt making contact anymore. Looks like the end of the plunger broke off. Got it all fixed up now. Thanks again!!

Latest posts

Back