Test ride a keeper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougnDog

Hey Guys
Well got her out and back in, put the cone pressure plate in and it works fine. :D But I discovered that the Hydraulic throw-out bearing made by Howe Raceing Enterprises and sold by Speedway Moters has a Enginering flaw. the hose fitting has threads for a 4-AN fitting BUT the seat is cut at 45 deg. AN fittings are cut at 37 deg. I went to 3 sorces for hyd line 2 large west Coast Raceing parts houses and a industral cluch and brake house. all said this fitting is a custom built one-off. Speedway online catalog calls for a 3-AN line not even the right size. 2 of my freands are useing this same bearing they said they had trouble too. ended up useing a conical seal in the fitting to get it to seal.even the west coast dealer for Howe did not have any parts or anwsers. in the instructions Howe says to use a #4 flex line ( kind of a open description) Speedways new racing catalog calls for a 4-AN and a 1" master cyl. the outher catalog calls for a 3/4 master cyl. same throw-out bearing:eek: My guess at this time is Howe is passing off some R&D parts not ready for standardized public use. OR they have their heads up their butt. on monday I'll give them a call. I'm very happy how the car runs,handels and the over all feel. it has a little bump steer I guess more like a slite vibration, I expected a little bump steer because I could not aline the caol steering. I better go my spelling is going to hell. windsheld and windwings are next then on the road. have a nice weekend Guys Doug

Attachments

• DCP01070.JPG
    DCP01070.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DCP01071.JPG
    DCP01071.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DCP01072.JPG
    DCP01072.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 18
  • DCP01069.JPG
    DCP01069.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 69
Looks Great.....

Doug, the truck looks great. :cool:
Get that windshield in and enjoy the heck out of it.
And Dog looks like he (or she) is ready to ride also..;) '22

Hey cool lookin ride man! Better hurry up takin those pics or fido is gonna take off cruizin for chicks. Little tip if it helps. When I was racin, fuel lines had AN fittings and bein the dutchman I am, I went to the parts store and got hydralic fittings,same threads and such. Might not matter since your issue was taper of seat not threads. Anyway glad you figured it out. Too bad Howe couldn't help ya, not surprising.

Latest posts

Back