Test Run

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket49

ok, so I'm a newbie. Interesting, I read Kenzie's post and had the EXACT SAME THING happen to me on HAMB. Go figure..... Glad you guys are here.

I have a '49 Chevy Styleline I have been fighting for about 4 years and also working on getting a '28 Model "A" (avatar picture). I made the mistake of mentioning the "R" word on HAMB about this one and was reprimanded.

Last edited:
Welcome to the land of misfit toys! Your the 3rd or 4th person who has said that, so I went and read through her Thread over there. They were easy on her from what I've read in other threads. I quit browsing their forum a while back - almost every thread would degenerate into a flaming over something stupid. I hear it's gotten better, but why bother, I got RRR now.

So whats your story? Got a project? Got a plan? And most importantly...got any pics?

Hey Sam Fear, I have the one project right now being the '49. That is slow as molasses... I am trying to work a deal to pick up the Model "A". I guess the Introduction page is not the right place for project discussions, so I'll post a few threads over on the "Build" page later on.... I would really like some suggestions on the Mdl "A". Thanks.

Welcome to the land of misfit toys! Your the 3rd or 4th person who has said that, so I went and read through her Thread over there. They were easy on her from what I've read in other threads. I quit browsing their forum a while back - almost every thread would degenerate into a flaming over something stupid. I hear it's gotten better, but why bother, I got RRR now.

So whats your story? Got a project? Got a plan? And most importantly...got any pics?

Yeah, P.S. - I like the HAMB, but for them to say that "rat rod" is a 4 letter word is the pot calling the kettle black!!! Some of their projects are WAY MORE out in the woods than a rat rod !! I guess I need a definition.

Welcome.Is that the 28 touring?

Thanks. Yes, touring, but what you can't see is that one of my relatives cut off the back and made it a flatbed truck. ....back in the war, I guess..... I will post some pix under the builds....

Welcome to RRR, rustbucket49. Look forward to checking out your builds. I periodically check the HAMB for info. Just don't post to avoid the drama.
btw,,,No drama here. Just rides !

Thanks. Yes, touring, but what you can't see is that one of my relatives cut off the back and made it a flatbed truck. ....back in the war, I guess..... I will post some pix under the builds....

I thought it looked familar.I would build like either of the two pics that you had on the HAMB.That body is pretty rare.

Welcome.......

Welcome rustbucket49. We are a little more laid back here.. ;)
We try to avoid the drama... Enjoy you time here. '22

Thanks guys. I can already tell this is a great place to be.

Hey 22, can you post some pix of your ride (avatar pic) ?

Thanks for your kind words rustbucket49. Honestly speaking the Lord is who brought me through my tour in country, I have no doubt about that.

Latest posts

Back