Tetanus Tornado 49 F6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely no expert but.....
after clicking on browse you've got to open the file that you have your pics
stored in. select the one you want and click upload. You need to make sure
your pics are sized no larger than 1000x1000.
Hope this helps.
Dang computers anyway. I've spent more money trying to make it easier
only to find out that I'm the problem not the equipment.

Kenny, The '36 Ford grilles are fairly sought after [because they are the best looking grille ever] so $300 is not too much especially if you get the chrome surround strip. You are accumulating wisdom also when you referred to saving yourself weeks of work by buying another grille. Forty five hours of work or $300......hmmm... You would be making $6.66 per hour and you'd be two weeks further behind on finishing your beast, if you decided to keep beating away on the Chev one. If you're going to have to chop notches in either grille then the formula changes quite a bit. Maybe the Chevy grille, which is already partly cut can have new metal added to make it fit, anyhow, easier than cutting up the Ford.
Food for thought.

Mac I agree. Narrowing the chevy grill isn't that big of a deal and I wouldn't be ruining a good or real valuable piece, it's making the bottom section that will take a lot of time. I think now that I have raised the cab I won't have to section the ford grill and I think it will fit between the frame horns. I also like the look and style better. I've emailed him back and I'll try to set some thing up.

I think I found the problem. the manage attachments file window wasn't at full size and I couldn't see the upload button. lets see if this works. What a dope.[S

Attachments

• f-6 rat rod 167.jpg
    f-6 rat rod 167.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 84
  • f-6 rat rod 170.jpg
    f-6 rat rod 170.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 80
  • f-6 rat rod 172.jpg
    f-6 rat rod 172.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 74
  • f-6 rat rod 171.jpg
    f-6 rat rod 171.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 81
Good job on loading the piccs.....

Looking good Kenny.
Running just a hood like you want to do was one of the many morphs that my F6 project went thru before I circled back around to my original vision which is where I am at now.
What type of headlights are you thinking of using?

I dig the hood ornament as well.:D

Also just a FYI. You can subcribe to a photo shop program for a monthly fee and not have to purchase the program.
That's what my daughters do as they don't have a need for it all the time.
Keep at it.
Torchie.

I'm just brainstorming, how would it look with the grille shell a little more upright? Maybe that's just my preference, but I think it might look better with the shell tipped more so it's straight up or so.

Thanks guys; I made the hood ornament out of nails bolts and old ball bearings. I figured if Packard has the Goddess of speed, a packrat could have the Goddess of junk. As far as running the hood I think it will look better, and it will look better with the sides left on it because I plan on running my master cylinder and booster outside the fire wall and also the clutch cable . For headlights I have a couple of options, one set I have is what look like early plow lights or implement lights that take 7" sealed beams the other set is much older, probably from the early 20's that I would have to modify to take modern bulbs. I will most likely mount these on the shock mounts that have yet to be built.

Chris; I got the tire sizes. they are Bf Goodrich silvertown radials.Fronts are p205/75r15 on a 7" rim I think and the rears are p255/70r15 on an 8" rim if I remember right. I got them from coker tire as they are the only ones with the molds that they are actualy renting or leasing from bf goodrich and they were the least expensive to buy from but in no way cheap.

What headers did you get? I'm looking at a kit similar to that, and adding some extension pieces to get it where I need it... Your truck is coming together nicely! Thats a cool hood ornament too!

DR; the headers are patriot sprint roadster headers from summit racing. I had to cut the flanges loose and tip them down in order to get them under the floor and inside the rocker panels.

Attachments

• f-6 rat rod 145.jpg
    f-6 rat rod 145.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 41
  • f-6 rat rod 146.jpg
    f-6 rat rod 146.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 42
The you weld kit is probably the way to go. on these headers the ports don't match the flanges and I'll have to build them up also. My problem with the build it your self ones is I didn't think I was good enough to weld the collector in properly. someone mentioned that if you buy headers don't buy them already coated in case you have to make changes and the cost to have them coated after you fit them is about the same.

Look what I got today. It's not perfect but it is in really nice shape. I think it will look better than the chevy grill.

Attachments

• DSC00645.JPG
    DSC00645.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 76
Thanks guys. I may have to section this grill shell as it is a little taller than I had envisioned. I won't feel bad about cutting this if necessary because it is not really a piece worthy of restoration. I'm thinking I may attach it to the hood and make it a flip nose so it opens forward, just a thought.

Latest posts

Back