The Build Begins, 41 Chevy Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well we got the all the fire wall holes plugged and the hood straightened out and tack welded together,
standard.jpg

maybe we can make some more progress over the weekend, Tracy

Last edited:
Really nice!

Blademan,
Really enjoyed your thread! Nice build, can't wait to see it finished!

Rattler

Really coming along great. I like the proportions of the front tires to cab now and the channel looks just right. You seem to have a good eye for that, not a gift every builder has.
My concern at this point is going fenderless on an S-10. I personally do not think the front suspension on those is very attractive. Maybe if you could get some dirt car A arms and eliminate those factory stampings.

well Saturday morning went well, got the grill fitted up and tack welded in place to the hood, have decided on a one piece front end that tilts forward, well lunch is over time to get back to work, more pics later, Tracy
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

well didnt get much more done this afternoon, got one stake pocket welded up got to get the other three cut out, didnt do but one to see how it looked, i like it so, its three more just like it, thanks for the comments guys and the top chop Tripper the chop is coming, Tracy
standard.jpg
standard.jpg

well we have made a little more progress, got the donor engine and transmission pulled, then mocked up and built a tranny cross member and engine mounts, used chevy truck mounts,
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

then worked on the hinge point for the front end still got some brace work to do on that its not real stable when opening, and build a stop for the open position, if you guys see any thing i can do diffrent, im open for suggestions, Tracy
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

well we have had a pretty good week, got the steering column mounted, mazda column striped and slightly modified up around the wheel and the mounting flange,
standard.jpg

got the floor frame work and drive shaft loops in and started cutting out the sheet metal for the floor,
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

friend of mine gave me some side pipes, i think ill use them as stacks, i like stacks:)
standard.jpg
well maybe we will make some more progress tomorrow, Tracy

great post and great work. i am building my 38 chev on a 95 toyota frame ,fits perfect i am running fenders on mine ,keep on posting pics

Truck looks great; It must be a lot warmer where you are than it is here. Can't wait to get started on mine again. I sure like the tilt front. Gives lots of room the work around the motor. Nice work keep the pics coming.

thanks for the comments guys, yea Rusty50F1, here in north west Fl. the weather has been quite nice, makes working out in the shop a lot more fun, we made a little more progress today, transmission tunnel back to the tail shaft, here are the pics, Tracy
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Latest posts

Back