The Build Begins, 41 Chevy Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Guys, got the radiator mounted tonight, trimmed the grill where it would fit around it,
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

going to scrap the tilting front end, just have it where it will lift off, Tracy

Thanks guys, i want to chop the top, but not quite sure yet,i am running out of room in the cab, maybe after i get it running, the big brown truck came friday with all of the lights, got the mounts designed, will post some pics when i get them done, Tracy

Lookin real good blademan,Seems like that come together quick!
How come ya didnt keep the 4 cycl in it ? would have been great on gas!
I love the grill and the old chevy hubcaps! that trucks gonna be a lot of fun to drive!And buy the looks of it want be much longer!

thanks Chopper Tom, the 4 banger was dead when i got the truck, i'm ready to fire this thing off, want to see what it sounds like with the stacks, Tracy

Looks nice Blademan. You are really moving with this project. It might be an optical illusion, but in the top photo, the drivers side headlight looks to be out and up compared to the passenger side headlight.

When are you going to fire it up?

Thanks Gastrick, the head lights were not tight for the photo
when are we going to fire it up? good question, soon as possible, I'm tired of pushing it around, we made a little progress this weekend, the big brown truck came friday with my hinges and latches, spent half of sat. looking and making a game plan, then started cutting and welding today, i am pleased with the way they turned out, latches latch good and the door swings good, i think it would look pretty cool with one door swinging forward and one back, like this
standard.jpg

but i think i better do the other one too, Tracy
standard.jpg

looks great blademan the doors look cool that way!
I think i want to suicide the doors on mine but still haven't made up my mind

Blademan,

Looking good....great progress......I kinda like the 1 door thing...

Ratty 46

love them doors blademan !Thats the one thing that i always wanted to do ,but havent got to it yet!
Was it very hard to do? And do they work very well?

Awesome build & quick too! I really like how it turned out. Just my opinion however and I'm not trying to be critical. I think the headlights would look better if they were set back toward the cab more instead of being so far forward. They look sort of out of place where they are. As I said, that's just my opinion. I know I sound critical but really I'm not trying to be. I really like the job you did with the truck!

I just looked in for the first time in a few weeks. It looks awesome. I plan to do a similiar treatment on the tilting hood/grille. I am very glad to see it will have the correct amount of pedals. Very nicely proportioned truck. I do still wonder how you will hide those front A arms?

I love the look of this truck. It is badass. My only suggestion is to buy so white walls for the front. otherwise the truckl ooks great.

thanks guys, chopper tom it wasn't too hard to do i read this tech article several times before i started http://www.whosnextracing.com/suicidedoor.htm
then i studied it for a while before i started, it worked out pretty good, I'm not going to worry to much about the a arms, I'm just going to drive the crap out of it:)
as for the www's for the front, well this a ultra low budget build,l right now i have less in all four wheels, tires, caps and rings than i can buy one www for, maybe one day. this is where i bought my hinges and latches from http://www.customcarpartsandaccessories.com/page/suicidedoorhingekit
take care, Tracy

Blademan; Sure glad to see those doors. I bought mine there to $169 for the hinges and bear claw latches. Glad to hear they worked out good. The doors look great. :D

rusty 50, i had to do a little creative bending so they would work for my doors, the doors and jambs are pretty narrow on these trucks, here is a pic where you can see what i did,
standard.jpg

got he other door finished up today, then built a trellace for a rose bush, and ran out of gas for the welder:( well there is plenty to do with out welding, Tracy
standard.jpg

Latest posts

Back